2018-2019 Cycle

2 hours ago, hfiske said:

I have been accepted by Bay Path University, closer to home. I emailed professor Piperidis and I’m off the waitlist. Good luck everyone and fellow future PAs, I hope to see you in the field! Also, Best of luck to everyone waitlisted, or not accepted this round. 

Congratulations and best of luck to you ! I also got accepted to another schools, but still hopping to be pulled off the QU waitlist 🙏🏻 We will see ... any way WE ARE GOING TO BE a PA 😁👍🏻

Did anyone who interviewed got an official rejection? Does anyone know if you are on alternative list , will QU notify us with their final decision or not ? I understand if they  offer you a seat they will email you , but would they notify you in the end if no seats are available, or if you don’t hear anything , you just assume you are not selected ? I am planing to attend another school, but still have a little time , if QU, by any chance offers me a seat , just wondering about their final process and time frames  with all the students who is on alternative list . Any information would help . Best of luck to you all ! 

Yuliya 

20 hours ago, YGrabo said:

Did anyone who interviewed got an official rejection? Does anyone know if you are on alternative list , will QU notify us with their final decision or not ? I understand if they  offer you a seat they will email you , but would they notify you in the end if no seats are available, or if you don’t hear anything , you just assume you are not selected ? I am planing to attend another school, but still have a little time , if QU, by any chance offers me a seat , just wondering about their final process and time frames  with all the students who is on alternative list . Any information would help . Best of luck to you all ! 

Yuliya 

I have heard students will be selected from the waitlist two weeks before the start date... so hard for planning purposes!! I think from what I’ve read on this forum - people who have not interviewed have recieved official rejections. I wish you the best of luck Yuliya!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hfiske said:

I have heard students will be selected from the waitlist two weeks before the start date... so hard for planning purposes!! I think from what I’ve read on this forum - people who have not interviewed have recieved official rejections. I wish you the best of luck Yuliya!! 

Thank you! Yes, planing two weeks before start day near to impossible for me . Ahhh . 

Best of luck to you as well future fellow PA ❤️

On 12/12/2018 at 1:59 PM, YGrabo said:

Yuliya 

They mentioned at my interview that if we got accepted into other programs, we could call/email Quinnipiac and ask what our status was (from the waitlist). You mentioned that you have a whole family to move with you from Florida, and would need some time to plan the move if you were to be accepted. It’s definitely an option to consider if you wouldn’t want to wait til last minute. Either way you get to be a PA!! You can’t lose 🙂 

Edit: I emailed QU a couple weeks after my interview date because I had gained acceptance into another program and didn’t want to commit before I heard from QU... I ended up getting the acceptance email from QU the same day.

Edited by ProspectivePA2021
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, ProspectivePA2021 said:

They mentioned at my interview that if we got accepted into other programs, we could call/email Quinnipiac and ask what our status was (from the waitlist). You mentioned that you have a whole family to move with you from Florida, and would need some time to plan the move if you were to be accepted. It’s definitely an option to consider if you wouldn’t want to wait til last minute. Either way you get to be a PA!! You can’t lose 🙂 

Edit: I emailed QU a couple weeks after my interview date because I had gained acceptance into another program and didn’t want to commit before I heard from QU... I ended up getting the acceptance email from QU the same day.

Thank you for this information. I am planing to attend another program as I really can’t wait till last minute. If QU will let me know before we put a deposit for our new home in PA , I would choose  QU. I only have time till the end of January to wait. Did you email Professor Piperidis about it ? 

10 minutes ago, YGrabo said:

Thank you for this information. I am planing to attend another program as I really can’t wait till last minute. If QU will let me know before we put a deposit for our new home in PA , I would choose  QU. I only have time till the end of January to wait. Did you email Professor Piperidis about it ? 

Yes! 

2 hours ago, ProspectivePA2021 said:

They mentioned at my interview that if we got accepted into other programs, we could call/email Quinnipiac and ask what our status was (from the waitlist).

This is interesting. The alternate list email stated that the list was "randomized." I wonder what information they can provide 🤔.

50 minutes ago, Cadapter said:

This is interesting. The alternate list email stated that the list was "randomized." I wonder what information they can provide 🤔.

I am unsure of their exact wording since my interview was over a month ago. I’m sure that is still correct. I think they just give you an earlier decision because they know you have a deadline/another acceptance. This could mean an early acceptance or an early rejection, but at least you would know for sure. Whether it would help or hurt your chances, that’s another question. I just know from my own experience that it helped me!

QU was my top choice so I was very glad I reached out to them before I wasted thousands of $$ on deposits at other programs. I think they are very understanding about that. 

Edited by ProspectivePA2021
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cadapter said:

So, I did email QU before they send to me alternative list option. 
“Thank you for taking the time to reply to my thank you note, it is much appreciated.  As you know, Quinnipiac University is my number one choice for a PA program.  Presently I have two offers of acceptance into PA programs from other schools. I know that your school's decision could take some time and was hoping to find out sooner rather than later where I stand with Quinnipiac University's decision or at least an approximate time frame.  Please know that I would absolutely choose your program if I am accepted.  However, if I'm not being considered for your program I would like to know that as well so I can plan accordingly, especially since I live in Florida and have a family that would need to relocate. Thank you again for your understanding and consideration.”

after this letter I got email that my application still being  considered. And weeks later I got email  about alternative list . So, really, I feel I just didn’t meet their “ideal profile” I am older and  I have a child ... 

I am very fortunate and honored to be accepted to Saint Francis University PA program ! They only had 4 seats available  and I was offered one of those ! Sometimes things happens for a reason and I strongly believe in it ! 

I wanted to do my electives with Yale reproductive medicine and attending QU made a lot of practical sense, but it is okay , as I still can do my electives at Yale and I will become a PA and will be attending equally respectful and reputable program . 

I am wishing all of you a lot of success and strength during the next two hard years ! 

Edited by YGrabo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone who was accepted know the turn around time required for reserving your seat and putting down a deposit? I just want to get an idea of how long I can be away from my computer for in the chance a decision is made. 

Also, did the email come from the QU email or Professor Piperidis directly? 

Edited by linjohnson1234

13 hours ago, linjohnson1234 said:

Does anyone who was accepted know the turn around time required for reserving your seat and putting down a deposit? I just want to get an idea of how long I can be away from my computer for in the chance a decision is made. 

Also, did the email come from the QU email or Professor Piperidis directly? 

They gave me about a week before the deposit was due. They also sent a hardcopy of acceptance in the mail a couple days after the initial email. 

The acceptance email came from QU and cc’ed Professor Piperidis.

• 2 weeks later...

Waitlist people did you get the same email about alternative list again ? 

I saw email from QU and my heart jumped until I read it 🙄

Why to email the same staff over and over again 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Like I don’t know or accidentally forgot that  I am on their waitlist 🙄 😂👍🏻

Edited by YGrabo

• 3 weeks later...