2018-2019 Cycle

On 10/24/2018 at 7:47 PM, LAE198 said:

I got an interview invitation for November 2 late this afternoon, so they're definitely still interviewing people.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:51 PM, LAE198 said:

Excellent!  I'm from NC, so I'll also be booking a flight tonight.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!  

On 10/24/2018 at 7:52 PM, Geoffrey said:

Me too! I'm from California so I just finished booking a flight. Getting my hotel now. 

I was getting worried so I'm glad I got the notice today.

On 10/25/2018 at 12:10 PM, Daelun said:

I have an interview for November 2. I'll see you there!

When did you guys submit the application?

2 hours ago, allthingspa said:

Just got the email for rejection! I’m not very surprised.. so few seats, only 1,000 hrs PCE at the time of application, and I’m a younger applicant! 

Good luck to those interviewing still, those offered seats, and those who are still waiting to hear back! ♥️ 

When did you interview?? Sorry to hear about the rejection and good luck in the future!!!

11 minutes ago, hfiske said:

I had my interview on September 29th, and I have yet to hear anything. I saw on the website we could be waiting until February? 

Best of luck to those interviewing tomorrow! 

I was hopping to find sooner then February as I am already accepted into two other PA programs, but really was looking to get into QU .... 

Edited by YGrabo

46 minutes ago, YGrabo said:

I was hopping to find sooner then February as I am already accepted into two other PA programs, but really was looking to get into QU .... 

Congratulations!! That must be a big relief to be accepted into multiple programs. Don’t lose hope on QU— however I understand this is a very difficult waiting game. I think the first thing I do when I open my eyes is check my email.. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, hfiske said:

Congratulations!! That must be a big relief to be accepted into multiple programs. Don’t lose hope on QU— however I understand this is a very difficult waiting game. I think the first thing I do when I open my eyes is check my email.. 

Thank you ! Yes, It is a very nice feeling for sure ! I feel like I check my email way to often though , I need to just stop doing that ?. Good luck to you ! I hope we will hear something good from QU very very soon ??

On 11/1/2018 at 10:03 PM, YGrabo said:

Thank you ! Yes, It is a very nice feeling for sure ! I feel like I check my email way to often though , I need to just stop doing that ?. Good luck to you ! I hope we will hear something good from QU very very soon ??

There are 54 total seats. I think 27 are expected to be given to the ELMPAs with the remainder given to outside applicants. From what they told us at the 11/2 interview, there are only 4 seats offered to applicants on the day of each interview. They let those applicants that receive those seats know they are accepted shortly afterward and save the remaining seats. Even though it's a rolling application system, they want to give all interviewees a chance so they only give out 4 per interview. Once interviews are finished, they look at the remaining seats and give them to people on the waitlist. Then, as people may opt out before the program starts, they again pull people from the waitlist all the way until the program starts. 

This is my understanding of how the system works. There are only 24 seats open to outside applicants so it's pretty competitive. They had 1,500 applications and interviewed 150 people (I think...). For those that have not heard back from previous interviews, hang tight. I am confident that they will let everyone know where they stand once the final round of interviews take place.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

There are 54 total seats. I think 27 are expected to be given to the ELMPAs with the remainder given to outside applicants. From what they told us at the 11/2 interview, there are only 4 seats offered to applicants on the day of each interview. They let those applicants that receive those seats know they are accepted shortly afterward and save the remaining seats. Even though it's a rolling application system, they want to give all interviewees a chance so they only give out 4 per interview. Once interviews are finished, they look at the remaining seats and give them to people on the waitlist. Then, as people may opt out before the program starts, they again pull people from the waitlist all the way until the program starts. 

This is my understanding of how the system works. There are only 24 seats open to outside applicants so it's pretty competitive. They had 1,500 applications and interviewed 150 people (I think...). For those that have not heard back from previous interviews, hang tight. I am confident that they will let everyone know where they stand once the final round of interviews take place.  

I guess we  have no other choice , but patiently waiting. The only thing for me , I have to relocate from Florida  with entire family ( husband , toddler and a dog ? ). The last minute acceptance, unfortunately, will not work for me . I was hopping to have an answer (yes or no) no later then December.... 

even though QU is my top choice for many reasons I am happy with my second acceptance and will be equally happy attending a school where I was accepted right away. 

All this admission/travel/interview/wait time  into PA schools have been exhausting , but in the end we all know that PA career is our ultimate  goal and we all are willing to work hard to acheav this goal !

I wish all of you best of luck ( if you still waiting ) and success in your studies and future career as a PA ! 

10 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

Thank you so much for the info— I knew they offered seats to a few people each interview date, but wasn’t sure what happened after that. Did they say how many more interview dates they were hosting?