CASPA Ongoing Experience

Hi All! 

So I wanted to see if y'all could provide some feedback. One of my HCE experiences is my current job, but I've only been here about 9 months. When putting in the information, should I just include my hours up until May and leave the ending date off, or do I need to put in the hours I will have completed by a certain date (like by the end of the year). I checked the box stating it's my current job so I hope admins can draw the conclusion that I'm still working there gaining experience, but I just didn't know if there was a protocol for this.

Also, with this being my current job, do you think it is okay not to give authorization to contact? I DO NOT want my job knowing I'm applying as they do not know I want to change careers and if I don't get in this cycle, I don't want there to be any issues. And my company is super small so if one person is contacted, everyone will know within the day! Currently I have it checked as not giving authorization to contact and explained in the description that it's my current job and I prefer them not to know so that admins at least have an explanation. Do you think this is okay? All of my other jobs/expereinces I have authorized contact, and I even received a rec letter from my old boss so I hope this makes up for it!

Archived