Caspa verification

Hi!! Just wondering for anyone who has already gotten verified on CASPA how long it’s taken since their app was completed? I just got my 2nd LOR completed and sent in today and already submitted my transcripts/GRE/application and just want to know a timeline to expect. I’m getting antsy ?

thanks!!

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, futurepaphd said:

Hello everyone!

Did you receive an email from CASPA acknowledging your application had been reviewed and released to the programs you applied to?

Thanks.

Other than the initial email from CASPA saying my app was sent and then the email stating my coursework was verified I never got anything else from them. It was the emails from the individual schools that will tell you they’ve received your CASPA app and that is school dependent on when they email those out. On CASPA in the check status part, it should say received next to each app too if you want to check there for the status. 

Hi!! I just sent in my CASPA app 2 nights ago and my schools are just listed as "Completed." I know it takes a while for applications to become verified but it seems like everyone's application was verified within a day or two! Sending an SOS! (but not really, just curious why it's taking a little bit longer!)

Good luck to everyone applying! ?

15 minutes ago, thatgirlonabike said:

I submitted mine on Monday and it still hasn't been verified.

ahh ok! I started to get nervous and wondered if something was missing or went wrong! Maybe an influx of students are submitting this time of the cycle. Hopefully we get verified soon. The suspense after hitting "submit" is the worst!

8 hours ago, tiffmd94 said:

ahh ok! I started to get nervous and wondered if something was missing or went wrong! Maybe an influx of students are submitting this time of the cycle. Hopefully we get verified soon. The suspense after hitting "submit" is the worst!

Applications verify much more quickly early on in the cycle as there are fewer to process. Earlier posters were commenting in May.

Now that we’re nearing the end of July, many more applicants are submitting. I would think at this point in the cycle verification could take at least a week, maybe longer. 

56 minutes ago, hmtpnw said:

Applications verify much more quickly early on in the cycle as there are fewer to process. Earlier posters were commenting in May.

Now that we’re nearing the end of July, many more applicants are submitting. I would think at this point in the cycle verification could take at least a week, maybe longer. 

That definitely makes a lot more sense. It’s nerve-wracking! Thanks for chiming in.

23 hours ago, tiffmd94 said:

Hi!! I just sent in my CASPA app 2 nights ago and my schools are just listed as "Completed." I know it takes a while for applications to become verified but it seems like everyone's application was verified within a day or two! Sending an SOS! (but not really, just curious why it's taking a little bit longer!)

Good luck to everyone applying! ?

I submitted 7/15, verified early this morning 7/20. I was actually expecting it to take longer since they say it can take up to two weeks during busier times.

2 hours ago, RadTechS said:

I submitted 7/15, verified early this morning 7/20. I was actually expecting it to take longer since they say it can take up to two weeks during busier times.

yay!! Happy for you. Did you get the notification that you were verified or you checked under "Check Status" tab and saw each school was verified?

On 7/20/2018 at 4:40 PM, tiffmd94 said:

yay!! Happy for you. Did you get the notification that you were verified or you checked under "Check Status" tab and saw each school was verified?

Notification via email and on the website. I hope it comes through for you soon! I know all of this waiting is rough..

Guest thatgirlonabike

I finally got the verified e-mail this morning at 0557. (Submitted 7/15)  Weird timing.  I guess it's all done by a computer who can work all night.

2 minutes ago, thatgirlonabike said:

I finally got the verified e-mail this morning at 0557. (Submitted 7/15)  Weird timing.  I guess it's all done by a computer who can work all night.

I got verified yesterday morning at 0305. Definitely was weird timing but on the bright side, we’re finally verified! Next step is for schools to review and reach out to be invited for an interview ? best of luck to you!

33 minutes ago, ExcitedPAstudent said:

Submitted Sunday morning (7/22) and the deadline for verification is August 1st at 11:59 pm. Anyone else in a similar boat as me? A little nervous about it not getting verified on time. 

It took about 3 days for mine to get verified! Not sure if they work on weekends too. I submitted 7/20 and just got verified early morning yesterday around 3am

On 7/24/2018 at 4:08 PM, ExcitedPAstudent said:

Submitted Sunday morning (7/22) and the deadline for verification is August 1st at 11:59 pm. Anyone else in a similar boat as me? A little nervous about it not getting verified on time. 

I have the same problem, After having a lot of issues with transcripts, my application was completed on 7/26. The deadline of my first choice is on August 1st... So I'm very nervous as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted 7/31. but one of my transcripts hadn't arrived yet. Yesterday afternoon I got an email saying my transcript had arrived and in less than 12 hours I was verified. Not complaining at all. I was worried that it would take weeks to verify. However, it got me wondering... did they verify my application based on my submission date or is verification just really quick at the moment? My impression was that my app wouldn't enter the line for verification until all materials had been received (and fees paid of course). Anyone else submit end of July/early August and get verified within hours?

Archived