2018- 2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, lucienPAhopeful said:

men at the interview wore a suit and tie, women wore either business formal skirts or slacks, blazers and blouses with heels or flats.  i took my passport sized photo in my interview outfit though so when they saw it they’d remember me more specifically.  there were nine in my group!

@spizzalover, there was an essay but it’s nothing difficult that requires significant medical knowledge.  its more to gauge critical thinking and articulation.

What was the interview format?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 5:42 PM, lucienPAhopeful said:

hang in there!  their information packet specifically states those who receive the supplemental request will be invited for an interview.  try giving another staff member the call if need.  i think a lot of their numbers are on the program page of towson's website.  

That's great news! Was this packet handed out at the interview day? Got supplemental today and really really want to get in :D

2 minutes ago, lethe said:

That's great news! Was this packet handed out at the interview day? Got supplemental today and really really want to get in ?

2 minutes ago, lethe said:

That's great news! Was this packet handed out at the interview day? Got supplemental today and really really want to get in ?

If one don’t get supplemental till 09/01 does that mean no interview? Or do they send out supplemental even after the Caspa deadline? 

Did everyone who did the supplemental application have to send in college transcripts to Towson? Seems a bit strange to have to do it again after already sending them to CASPA. Do we have to submit all transcripts? (i.e. transcripts from universities where I may have just taken an online class).

14 hours ago, lethe said:

Did everyone who did the supplemental application have to send in college transcripts to Towson? Seems a bit strange to have to do it again after already sending them to CASPA. Do we have to submit all transcripts? (i.e. transcripts from universities where I may have just taken an online class).

It says on the directions you only have to send transcripts from where you obtained your degree. 

2 hours ago, AtaraT said:

I just had my interview yesterday, but I forgot the names of two of my interviewers! I tried googling all the staff listed on the website, but I still couldn't figure out who they were. Any ideas on how I can find out who interviewed me?

Hello and Congrats!

Hopefully someone here on the feed who also had an interview yesterday can help you out! Maybe if all else fails you can call and ask for the names of the interviewers from 8/29 stating that you have something you’d like to send them. ???‍♀️ My interview is 9/12, you probably don’t want to wait that long but I can give you the names of the interviewers on that day if you haven’t secured them by then. ?

If you don’t mind me asking, how did it go? What did you wear? And do you have any tips or insights for those of us yet to come? How did you prepare for your questions? Are there things we should focus more on during our prep? ? I know you’re so glad it’s done... now back to the waiting game. ?

Hey guys figured I would chime in on the forum here.  As far as the dressing situation goes I cant be much help there other than too say business/work attire... dress to impress but dont go overboard.  Dress confident and be casual.  I arrived an hour early and felt a bit foolish but I got a chance to meet a few PA students that started this year.  You will be interviewing at the same location as the classes and chances are you will run into a few of them.  They split the interview day into three different sections --> Essay response, Tour, and Interview. 

As far as preparing for the questions, I did what most people would do... search forums/websites and youtube lol.  I had a whole gameplan in mind and as soon as the interview started I went a totally different way with it.  In retrospect trying to memorize my responses to popular questions was a mistake.  The benefit to preparation should be familiarizing yourself with your personal character and why you want to be a PA ultimately.  I also made it a goal to get the interviewees to laugh 3 times. 

I recieved my acceptance into the program on July 30th.  If you guys have any other questions about me or the interview post them up here.  I totally understand where you all are and wish you all the very best!  Good luck ?

@jharlo1 First and foremost, ???CONGRATULATIONS!!! ??? Secondly, Thank you soooooooo much! I truly appreciate your response! I’ve been preparing for a couple months but I just keep sensing that being myself and speaking from my heart is the way to go. I keep brushing up on key questions but I just can’t get myself to memorize answers or focus too intently on scouting for questions. So, I completely understand your advice! 

Was there any question that caught you off guard? I guess I’m just worrying at this point. ?? Mostly though, I’m just excited that I’ve made it this far and super humbled that I was selected for an interview at all? ??? 

Thank you!!! I appreciate your insight. I hope to join you in the acceptance circle. ??

Hi everyone! My name's Lea and I'm in the class of 2020. I want to pass along a little guidance that was bestowed upon us last year. Now that so many of you have heard back, it could be a good idea to start up your class Facebook page. It'll allow your class to start to connect, look for roommates, seek advice, etc etc. If you're interested, some of us from the class above can join as well and help out with any questions that may arise. Just let us know what you decide to name it and we'll hop on in. Congrats to everyone for surviving CASPA & hope to hear from you soon ?

On 9/8/2018 at 6:23 PM, buckeye0614 said:

Hi everyone! My name's Lea and I'm in the class of 2020. I want to pass along a little guidance that was bestowed upon us last year. Now that so many of you have heard back, it could be a good idea to start up your class Facebook page. It'll allow your class to start to connect, look for roommates, seek advice, etc etc. If you're interested, some of us from the class above can join as well and help out with any questions that may arise. Just let us know what you decide to name it and we'll hop on in. Congrats to everyone for surviving CASPA & hope to hear from you soon ?

Thank you, Lea! That’s a great idea! I was accepted into the class at the end of July and would love to get in on that Facebook group!

I can start the group and will name it Towson/CCBC PA Program Class of 2021 

Archived