2018- 2019 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, meka95 said:

Hello ?

The next thing to do is join in with us and drive yourself nuts waiting ?????? Once your Caspa app is verified, you’ll get an email that they’ve received your app. Based on what I’ve read in previous years’ threads, you have most likely just made it in. I think most August applications are not considered, sadly. I’m sending positive vibes your way, my friend! Hang in there. ??☀️??

Thank you, I got rejected from a program where I had applied early June. ??. And two other programs so I am looking for more programs that would fit my stats. (Low stats ? ) but I have lot of patient care hours. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, meka95 said:

Hello friend! 

I am sitting here in the wait-struggle with you. Some have gotten interviews, and some not yet. It’s a mixed bag. I submitted my supplemental app on 7/1, still no word. I emailed her as well, no word. It’s known to be an arduous wait. But you are not alone, my friend. ???? #keepthefaith

hang in there!  their information packet specifically states those who receive the supplemental request will be invited for an interview.  try giving another staff member the call if need.  i think a lot of their numbers are on the program page of towson's website.  

3 minutes ago, hsmel44 said:

My interview is also scheduled for 8/29!

Congratulations, on landing an interview. If you dont mind answering these questions. It would give me a timeline to look out for.

When did you submit your initial caspa app? and when did you receive a supplemental? 

Thankyou

On 7/30/2018 at 1:14 PM, dthum said:

Congratulations, on landing an interview. If you dont mind answering these questions. It would give me a timeline to look out for.

When did you submit your initial caspa app? and when did you receive a supplemental? 

Thankyou

to provide a basic timeline:

i submitted my CASPA app the day it opened, 4/26.  i received the supplemental on 6/7, submitted everything by 7/1 when the graduate school applications opened, invited to interview 7/9 and accepted 7/31.

1 hour ago, lucienPAhopeful said:

to provide a basic timeline:

i submitted my CASPA app the day it opened, 4/26.  i received the supplemental on 6/7, submitted everything by 7/1 when the graduate school applications opened, invited to interview 7/9 and accepted 7/31.

Thank you very much. I applied 07/29 no email from the program yet. But its verified in Caspa. 

On 7/29/2018 at 5:22 PM, dthum said:

Thank you, I got rejected from a program where I had applied early June. ??. And two other programs so I am looking for more programs that would fit my stats. (Low stats ? ) but I have lot of patient care hours. 

Never give up on your dream. You will find the right program for you. ??

2 hours ago, moon5 said:

Congratulation!! Any tips on what to wear for interview? How many were you?

men at the interview wore a suit and tie, women wore either business formal skirts or slacks, blazers and blouses with heels or flats.  i took my passport sized photo in my interview outfit though so when they saw it they’d remember me more specifically.  there were nine in my group!

@spizzalover, there was an essay but it’s nothing difficult that requires significant medical knowledge.  its more to gauge critical thinking and articulation.

On 7/29/2018 at 2:25 PM, meka95 said:

Hello friend! 

I am sitting here in the wait-struggle with you. Some have gotten interviews, and some not yet. It’s a mixed bag. I submitted my supplemental app on 7/1, still no word. I emailed her as well, no word. It’s known to be an arduous wait. But you are not alone, my friend. ???? #keepthefaith

Hello! Have you heard anything yet about scheduling an interview? I believe we are on the same time line... I submitted my supplemental on 7/1 as well and I haven't heard anything yet. I've sent her emails and haven't gotten confirmation that they received my supplemental so I'm driving myself crazy wondering if I made a mistake or something.

@ktapple My friend! ????? I’ve heard nothing! And yes, we are on the same timeline. I finally got a response from Mrs. Fields and it was a generic email with no new info, much like the first one you get when your Caspa app is received. I’m literally going nuts!!!! But last night, I decided to just trust the process. 

We have to be positive and remember that we were selected to complete supplemental apps, so the interview date will come. ??????? In the meantime, whenever you feel yourself nearing the edge of the cliff, just message me! ???? #wewillmakeit 

23 hours ago, meka95 said:

@ktapple My friend! ????? I’ve heard nothing! And yes, we are on the same timeline. I finally got a response from Mrs. Fields and it was a generic email with no new info, much like the first one you get when your Caspa app is received. I’m literally going nuts!!!! But last night, I decided to just trust the process. 

We have to be positive and remember that we were selected to complete supplemental apps, so the interview date will come. ??????? In the meantime, whenever you feel yourself nearing the edge of the cliff, just message me! ???? #wewillmakeit 

You have such a great attitude. I got that generic email too, so I will try my best to trust the process. I believe in us!

2 hours ago, meka95 said:

@ktapple MY FRIEND!!! (Thank you ?) and...... I got my interview date this morning by email! Which means yours is coming too!!!!!!! My date is 9/12! Positive vibes, positive thoughts, positive results!!! #wegotthis @lucienPAhopeful @moon5 Yay!!! Friends.... finally! I sure hope to join you LucienPAhopeful on the accepted team!

So happy for you!! ?

Congrats to those who have gotten accepted and those going on interviews!

I am still waiting and hoping for the under review email. It has been 11 days now...I am really learning how to be patient and how to manically refresh my emails every day with this application cycle.

On 8/3/2018 at 3:03 AM, MyPath said:

Congrats to those who have gotten accepted and those going on interviews!

I am still waiting and hoping for the under review email. It has been 11 days now...I am really learning how to be patient and how to manically refresh my emails every day with this application cycle.

Oh yes, my friend. This process will push your patience to the outer brink! Hang in there! It took about a month for me to receive the under review email from the date of my caspa verification. ????❤️

On 8/4/2018 at 4:40 PM, spizzalover said:

Does anyone know if the picture we are required to bring has to be a professional headshot?

it doesn't but i would make sure it's a decent quality photo and have it printed on stock paper.  i just had a friend take a picture in portrait mode on my phone, then got it sized/printed at staples for barely a dollar

Archived