2018- 2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I was verified back in the middle of May, but there was a mixup and I just had my GPA calculated and added to the application.  If you have your GPA, that is when it is officially completed and received by the school.  So it may still say 'verified', but once the school receives it they'll confirm it with you.  My friend is in the class of 2020, so I'm going off her experience and what the program head said at the open houses.

Best of luck!

I haven't heard anything but they usually don't send anything out until mid to late June or early July.  My friend in the 2020 class interviewed in either late July or early August, was waitlisted in October and was offered a spot in November.  This is the worst part but one of the other programs I applied to just contacted me for a supplemental application, so don't overthink or stress too much! ?

On 6/3/2018 at 4:01 PM, Kiki123 said:

Does anyone know what happens if you have a C in one of the prerequisites. My GPA is good (3.7). I tried to contact the school but couldn't get a straight answer. 

If I remember correctly, the PA program booklet only says that ‘preferred applicants’ will have a B or higher on the prereqs. BUT, I think it really just depends on your overall package. You’ve got a great GPA and many other good things, I’m sure!  I don’t think that C will stop you if you have other things to balance it out. I’ve heard and read a lot of success stories from applicants that may have been deemed less than perfect on paper. Hey!....I’m less than perfect on paper, too! But, nothing is going to stop me. ????

?Hey hey, good people!!...I got the first email from the program yesterday! My app is officially ‘received’ .....now I’m waiting for the ‘under review’ email. ? Anyone else get the first email too? Waiting is sooooo hard but .... ? let the games begin!  Sending positive vibes to you guys who are in the waiting struggle with me. ???

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, good people!!!!! ??????‍♂️??‍♀️?? I got the “under review” email today at 12:30p. Then shortly after at 12:38p, I got the request to do the supplemental application!!!!!!! ???? I’m pretty sure that means that I’m getting an interview!!!!...... I think I’m going to pass out from feeling lightheaded after releasing so much stress after getting this news!!!!!!! ?

BrethePA,

No worries!.... my application was verified on 5/16, it took almost a month for me to get the first email and I just got the “under review”email yesterday. I wouldn’t worry at all unless you don’t get it by 8/7. The waiting game is sooooooo intense but hang in there, you are not alone!!! ????

On 6/20/2018 at 10:32 AM, moon5 said:

Hey all, I got the supplemental application a week ago. I'm super excited too.

Could you guys apply to the Towson University as it's one of the steps?

Hello, moon5,

When I read through all the instructions, I found the answer. Towson Grad App opens on July 1. So that’s most likely why you may not be able to apply just yet. Hope this helps! You’ll find the details when you follow the link to CCBC in the supplemental app invite email, it’s in Step 3. ??

You guys move quick! I am submitting my application mid-July to schools in Michigan. Last year’s cycle listed their stats and I found it very helpful, personally. Good luck, everyone. 

Degree: Bachelor of Science in Psychology

Cumulative gpa: 3.5 

Prerequisite gpa: 3.9

Science gpa: unknown 

Hours: 3,000+ 

Volunteer: 400-500

GRE: in progress, but I’m shooting for a solid 300. I’m applying to 2 schools that require 285 and 291, respectively.

On 6/21/2018 at 10:24 PM, 14namazi said:

Hey everyone!! I received the email about the supplemental application today. Which admission term did you guys choose for the 1st step? Congrats to everyone btw! This is super exciting!

Hi, 14namazi!!!

Congrats, my friend! I chose spring 2019 ??‍♀️ .... I was thinking that was the term closest to when we’d actually start the program if chosen ?? 

Is anyone else having trouble with the Simon website (step 2 of the supplemental application)? I called tech support this morning and they put a ticket in but the page won't even open for me (and I've tried multiple computers/phones/tablets, internet browsers, and wifi/data networks with no success). Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat!

Archived