Applicants for January 2019 Start

On 8/24/2018 at 8:52 AM, aarnUT said:

I was about to ask the same thing. I interviewed the same day and the approval part says incomplete still. Does anyone else’s also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine never got marked complete after over a month but I got my acceptance and they took my deposit so I wouldn't worry too much about it! 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, OhEmVeezy said:

Mine never got marked complete after over a month but I got my acceptance and they took my deposit so I wouldn't worry too much about it! 

I'm a first-year student at south and mine is still incomplete. As long as the school has all the needed information, it should be fine. You can contact the school to be sure, but I wouldn't worry. Hope this helps!

On 9/5/2018 at 1:01 PM, KyleGaleano said:

Do all of the applicants who went to the interview and didn't get accepted initially get placed on the wait list?  Or do some students not even make it to the waiting list?  I interviewed on 7/26 and was placed on the waiting list today.  I just want to know what the odds are essentially.  

I was waitlisted also, but I think I heard that they only waitlist twice the number of students that they expect to admit.

On 9/5/2018 at 1:01 PM, KyleGaleano said:

Do all of the applicants who went to the interview and didn't get accepted initially get placed on the wait list?  Or do some students not even make it to the waiting list?  I interviewed on 7/26 and was placed on the waiting list today.  I just want to know what the odds are essentially.  

I was wondering the same thing.  From what I have read from other posts, there are "star" students that get selected each interview group, then the remaining get chosen from a wait list.  I am fairly certain that people do get rejected, not everyone is put on that list.

On 9/14/2018 at 9:58 AM, dprepa said:

That's awesome, congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you!!

cGPA: 3.75

sGPA: 3.54

GRE: V156 Q150 W4.0 (i think, its been a while lol)

Shadowing Hours: 92 (ER, orthopaedics, thoracic surgery)

PCE: 1100 at time of application as an ophthalmic tech

Volunteer Hours: ~30 

On 9/21/2018 at 11:19 AM, mobando said:

Submitted everything and verified on 6/17. Haven't had any follow up correspondence...anybody in the same boat?

On 9/21/2018 at 1:47 PM, PAtobe33 said:

Hey! Yes, I’m in the same boat 

I have yet to hear anything either. I'm assuming it's going to be a rejection based on how many people have received interviews thus far in this thread.

Same! I called the school and the lady I spoke with was very nice, but she informed me that bc I wasn’t finished with my degree yet, that my application would not be consider until I was. I finish in December ... and they start in January. Sooooo guess it’s a probably not for me! I have all their prerequisites finished, just working on two last classes. Hopefully I hear from the other schools I applied to.

14 minutes ago, Kelciejag said:

Same! I called the school and the lady I spoke with was very nice, but she informed me that bc I wasn’t finished with my degree yet, that my application would not be consider until I was. I finish in December ... and they start in January. Sooooo guess it’s a probably not for me! I have all their prerequisites finished, just working on two last classes. Hopefully I hear from the other schools I applied to.

Same for me as well...I’m doing an internship this semester and that is it. Lol

1 hour ago, Kelciejag said:

When was your CASPA verified? I had nothing outstanding so that's why I'm curious.

9 hours ago, Ollivander said:

When was your CASPA verified? I had nothing outstanding so that's why I'm curious.

late June. I'm surprised you never heard from them since you do have everything finished. There is still time though, so don't lose hope! I only heard from them because I called her. She did say that they have called people with acceptance on very short notice. I guess you never know!

Hi guys! I am currently a 1st year student in the PA program at South-Tampa and I just wanted to comment for the accepted students that are looking for a place to live. I live in a 3 bedroom house with my male cousin (I am a female), so I have a room open and am looking for a roommate to try and cut down on cost if any of you guys wouldn't mind living with two other people. Please feel free to message me if you are interested/ want more information! Best of luck to those who are still waiting to hear back, or were placed on the waiting list! Have a wonderful day!

Archived