Applicants for January 2019 Start

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[mention=147975]Morebenzospls[/mention] [mention=132585]SouthUPAS1[/mention] [mention=132783]alana.immedia[/mention]
 Do you guys have any information on how early in August we will be hearing back? Also, does the waitlist move around much for this program?

Hi Guys!!!

I know waiting to hear back can be extremely painful (trust me I was in your shoes this exact time last year). I am unsure of when the first group of calls for acceptance will go out. Just know that if you get waitlisted do not lose hope! I was waitlisted in August and got my acceptance call in early January, one week before orientation. And I was not the only one called so late. Since our program is an early start date, quite a few people who except their seat early on then go on to interview and accept a seat at schools with a later start dates.

Just remember though, early start date means early finish date, which in turn means jump start on applying for jobs prior to the mad rush of Summer Grads [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I interviewed on July 11th. Got an acceptance call this afternoon around 3:45! Super excited and can't wait to meet everyone in the class!

Do you know if your background check is complete? I interviewed in July as well but just now got the info to start my background check today. Seems like they forgot to send me the info.

1 hour ago, CHACHEE said:

Do you know if your background check is complete? I interviewed in July as well but just now got the info to start my background check today. Seems like they forgot to send me the info.

Yes my background, fingerprints, and drug test were complete a couple weeks ago. 

On 8/11/2018 at 12:02 PM, choops517 said:

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I have my interview coming up soon and was just curious what the interview process was like?

It's pretty laid back in my opinion. They split our group in two and half did faculty interviews first and then half did the tour with current students, ice breaker games, and writing prompts. Before anyone stresses on the writing prompts just know that they aren't anything you can study for and I'm pretty sure I did terrible on them but I got in, so try not to worry too much. I think they care more about you as a person; plus, if you got an interview you aren't dumb, and they know that! The faculty interviews are one-on-one, and they made me feel comfortable, but they aren't afraid to ask you the tough questions (at least the faculty that interviewed me, everyone has different experiences) so make sure you are super comfortable answering questions about your life, what makes you you, and why you want to be a PA. Hope this helps! 

to those who already interviewed- do you have to pay for the background check and complete the whole thing etc before interviewing? I was offered an interview but don't want to pay the $160 before visiting the school and feeling sure that I would like to be at the program if accepted. But, I don't want to compromise my chances if I'm supposed to do this before. Is anyone able to answer this?

16 minutes ago, monika said:

to those who already interviewed- do you have to pay for the background check and complete the whole thing etc before interviewing? I was offered an interview but don't want to pay the $160 before visiting the school and feeling sure that I would like to be at the program if accepted. But, I don't want to compromise my chances if I'm supposed to do this before. Is anyone able to answer this?

No, you do not have to pay before interviewing. If you like the school and want to attend, then pay for the background check   Apparently they will not give you an acceptance until this is completed (so I heard not sure if that’s true).

13 minutes ago, Hbryan1 said:

No, you do not have to pay before interviewing. If you like the school and want to attend, then pay for the background check   Apparently they will not give you an acceptance until this is completed (so I heard not sure if that’s true).

thank you-- does anyone know how long the background check takes to complete?

@Hbryan1 did you already interview? and if so was yours done when you interviewed?

I just got my call today about interviewing for Sept 6th!!! I’m so excited! 

If anyone wants to connect on social media or anything prior to the interview date message me back! 

Also, any tips for the interview is much needed, this is my first year applying.

I am flying from Tennessee the day before...does anyone know if they do like the meet and greets with the current PA students the night before or after? I’ve heard of other programs doing this and a lot of people seem to like it. 

Thank you in advance and I look forward to meeting everyone!!!

??

On 8/19/2018 at 12:25 PM, Prepaguy23 said:

I submitted back around 6/02 and verified 6/05....I never received anything else from south other than a confirmation of receipt. I never received anything regarding the Casper test or any type of back ground check... should I reach out? 

I think they only ask you to do the CASPer if they ask you to come in for an interview, and that goes along with the background check.

On 8/18/2018 at 7:42 PM, monika said:

thank you-- does anyone know how long the background check takes to complete?

@Hbryan1 did you already interview? and if so was yours done when you interviewed?

Yes i already interviewed on July 26th and my background check was not done until August. But I have everything completed except the section that says waiting on school approval. I’m not sure how long it takes for them to approve it?

Yes i already interviewed on July 26th and my background check was not done until August. But I have everything completed except the section that says waiting on school approval. I’m not sure how long it takes for them to approve it?

I was about to ask the same thing. I interviewed the same day and the approval part says incomplete still. Does anyone else’s also?

Archived