Applicants for January 2019 Start

21 hours ago, OutOfStatePA said:

Hello everyone! I had a quick question for the out-of-state applicants who are currently doing the background check/fingerprinting. Mistakingly, I forgot to save the "Registration Completed page" after paying for the fingerprinting at IdentoGo. Because of this, I have no idea where to mail my completed fingerprints. I have called IdentoGo and they keep telling me it's on the Registration completed page but I can't access that page again unless I pay the fee (which I don't want to do). If anyone could help me with that I would be very appreciative! Thank you!

I'm not positive but I think Indentogo sent me a copy of that page but it was sent to my junk email, so maybe try looking in there! Hope this helps!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, PAtobe615 said:

Has anyone else heard back? I also interviewed in July and have not heard anything...

I interviewed July 12th and haven't either! I thought for sure I would hear something today since people have been getting the waitlist emails this week... Do you think it's weird that they sent out waitlists before rejections and acceptances? 

4 minutes ago, Kelciejag said:

Do you mind sharing your stats @daydreamy?!? 

I don't mind at all! But I do have to say, this program really cares more about the person as a whole. I was really impressed by the questions they asked and the genuine interest they had in myself as an individual rather than my grades/stats. That being said, I hope this is helpful for those who are curious and wondering how they compare to those of us fortunate enough to have already had an interview!

• GRE
    • Quant 157
    • Qual 158
    • Writing 4.5
  • GPA's
    • Overall: 3.15
    • Post-bacc Overall: 3.64
    • Overall BCP: 3.30
    • *upward trend in grades over the years with straight A's the past few semesters while working full-time hours
    • *first degree in History, second in Biomedical Sciences
  • Shadowing
    • >100 in PCICU
  • HCE
    • ER scribe
    • Medical assistant
    • Private office scribe/medical assistant
    • Combined: >3000 and counting
  • Volunteer
    • >3800 and counting
    • *most of these hours are leadership/volunteering

I was super nervous about my stats, but I still got an interview, so I hope this gives folks hope <3

18 minutes ago, daydreamy said:

I don't mind at all! But I do have to say, this program really cares more about the person as a whole. I was really impressed by the questions they asked and the genuine interest they had in myself as an individual rather than my grades/stats. That being said, I hope this is helpful for those who are curious and wondering how they compare to those of us fortunate enough to have already had an interview!

• GRE
    • Quant 157
    • Qual 158
    • Writing 4.5
  • GPA's
    • Overall: 3.15
    • Post-bacc Overall: 3.64
    • Overall BCP: 3.30
    • *upward trend in grades over the years with straight A's the past few semesters while working full-time hours
    • *first degree in History, second in Biomedical Sciences
  • Shadowing
    • >100 in PCICU
  • HCE
    • ER scribe
    • Medical assistant
    • Private office scribe/medical assistant
    • Combined: >3000 and counting
  • Volunteer
    • >3800 and counting
    • *most of these hours are leadership/volunteering

I was super nervous about my stats, but I still got an interview, so I hope this gives folks hope ❤️

Wow!! Thank you! You have great stats!! That’s nice to hear that they are interested in the person as a whole package. Did they mention through what months they would be sending out invitations for interviews? I’m still hoping to get one.....just scary waiting. 

14 minutes ago, PAtobe615 said:

Im assuming they will be interviewing up until December! No news can be good news. I know someone that applied and was rejected the next day 

Thanks!!! That’s true! I didn’t realize they send rejections that soon! Crazy!! Good luck to everyone who is still hoping to get an interview!!! 

21 hours ago, joybgood said:

I interviewed July 12th and haven't either! I thought for sure I would hear something today since people have been getting the waitlist emails this week... Do you think it's weird that they sent out waitlists before rejections and acceptances? 

Yes, it is really weird! I interviewed on July 12th too and I thought we would hear something by now.... 

18 hours ago, PAtobe615 said:

Im assuming they will be interviewing up until December! No news can be good news. I know someone that applied and was rejected the next day 

The interviews typically go through the end of August and early September, so there aren't many more dates left. The school has a quarter break for the last 3 weeks in September. Some years, they interview through October, but that's not a guarantee. Most acceptances go out in early September, if I remember correctly. 

As the classes get bigger, they go more to the wait list. My class had 20-ish, then it increased to 28, 40, 48. They take a lot of people from the wait list, so don't give up hope if you are wait listed!! I even heard of a student getting called the day of orientation, so you can get called anytime between now and January. 

Archived