Applicants for January 2019 Start

3 hours ago, AspiringPA12 said:

Hi everyone,

I have an interview on July 11th, I was wondering if anyone had information about their interview process/tips they can give me. This is my first PA school interview and I'm a TAD nervous lol.

Thanks!

Same here! I accepted my interview date for July 12 and I'm super nervous about what they might ask. Does anyone know their interview format (group, individual, essays, behavioral questions, etc)?

Also I haven't taken the CASPer yet so you can definitely still interview without taking it 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/19/2018 at 11:45 AM, Mimsi said:

Just got an Interview yesterday for either July 11th or 12th!

I just received a call, no email as of yet with the information. I also have yet to take the CASPer, so I don't think they need the scores before sending an interview invite. 

Good luck to everyone! 

I haven’t even gotten a request to take the CASPer test and I submitted and verified May 18th. But good luck to everyone getting interviews so far! 

On 6/19/2018 at 11:45 AM, Mimsi said:

Just got an Interview yesterday for either July 11th or 12th!

I just received a call, no email as of yet with the information. I also have yet to take the CASPer, so I don't think they need the scores before sending an interview invite. 

Good luck to everyone! 

if you don't mind me asking, when did they receive your app?

I received a telephone invite on 6/12 for interview on 7/14.

I am new to the Tampa area.  So I'm wondering if any of the candidate would like to explore the city after the interview with me! 

Stat: Overall gpa 3.63, science gpa: 3.36, PCE: 2800 hours, GRE 319.  Hope that it will help.  Good luck and congrats to everyone who got the Interview!

2 hours ago, shuan9517 said:

I received a telephone invite on 6/12 for interview on 7/14.

I am new to the Tampa area.  So I'm wondering if any of the candidate would like to explore the city after the interview with me! 

Stat: Overall gpa 3.63, science gpa: 3.36, PCE: 2800 hours, GRE 319.  Hope that it will help.  Good luck and congrats to everyone who got the Interview!

Oh dang! You got a Saturday interview? That would have been way more convenient for me!

Anybody with an Interview, have you done the background check yet? or are you doing it after the interview?

I got an interview without taking the Casper exam so i'm wondering if that is also how it will play out with getting accepted and the background check even though they say it's required to prior to being accepted

On 6/25/2018 at 11:59 AM, Voguegg said:

Anybody with an Interview, have you done the background check yet? or are you doing it after the interview?

I got an interview without taking the Casper exam so i'm wondering if that is also how it will play out with getting accepted and the background check even though they say it's required to prior to being accepted

Yeah I don't know if I should do it now or wait? It's expensive 

Hey everyone,

Submitted on 5/21 and received an email from South on 5/24 that application has been received. All I’ve heard since then is emails about taking the Casper test which I took 6/21.

Anyone else submit early and still not hear back? Do you think this means I don’t have a chance for interview since some of you have received interview offers and got everything done around the same time as me? 

Any feedback is helpful. Good luck everyone!!

7 minutes ago, kybrielle said:

Hey everyone,

Submitted on 5/21 and received an email from South on 5/24 that application has been received. All I’ve heard since then is emails about taking the Casper test which I took 6/21.

Anyone else submit early and still not hear back? Do you think this means I don’t have a chance for interview since some of you have received interview offers and got everything done around the same time as me? 

I submitted on the 18th, got an email on the 24th from South, but never heard anything about CASper or an interview. 

16 minutes ago, kybrielle said:

Hey everyone,

Hey - I'm in the same boat! I received an email from South on 5/21 that my app was received, then an email to take the casper which I did on 6/21.

At this point, I think this means I'm not getting an interview since it's been 1.5 months and people who submitted way after me have received interviews. From previous threads, it looks like they don't formally reject you until October. 

5 minutes ago, weeniehutjr said:

Hey - I'm in the same boat! I received an email from South on 5/21 that my app was received, then an email to take the casper which I did on 6/21.

At this point, I think this means I'm not getting an interview since it's been 1.5 months and people who submitted way after me have received interviews. From previous threads, it looks like they don't formally reject you until October. 

That’s how I feel too! It sucks because I would rather just know now then keep wondering. I also saw some people from previous threads who didn’t hear back a month after they submitted versus some people hearing back a week after.

Trying to stay hopeful!

How hard is this CASPer test? If I take the practice today or tomorrow and do the exam this Sunday, will I be fine? I thought it was due by October and just realized interviews are being held now. The next test date is the 7/25, but that is too far right!?

7 hours ago, fadreana said:

How hard is this CASPer test? If I take the practice today or tomorrow and do the exam this Sunday, will I be fine? I thought it was due by October and just realized interviews are being held now. The next test date is the 7/25, but that is too far right!?

Take it this Sunday. It's not something you can really study for honestly. 

On 7/5/2018 at 11:04 AM, fadreana said:

On 7/5/2018 at 7:03 PM, AspiringPA12 said:

Take it this Sunday. It's not something you can really study for honestly. 

agreed. its situations that would be common in business settings or interacting with students or something to do with personal matters. I think since most PA schools require some type of medical experience, that lends itself to performing well on the test. Don't stress about it. Good Luck

Archived