This is my first time applying and I am really scared if I'll get in:

Overall GPA: 3.3

Science GPA: 3.12

GRE : 300

HCE: Over 2000 hours as a medical assistant and PA shadowing around 150 hours

LOR: Orthopedic surgeon, PA (alumna), and professor

Personal statement: Very personal and positive reviews by many

good chance or don't bother?

My stats are similar to yours and it's my first time applying. I think you should definitely apply! I feel the same way about my applications and its very nerve racking. I submitted two of mine last week it has been verified and under review for South University.

10 hours ago, aspiringpastudent615 said:

Has anyone heard anything about interviews? I know the program in Savannah is starting to send out invites for interviews, but I have not heard anything about the program in Tampa. 

Not sure. I checked last years forum and it looked like they started sending out interviews around this time. Fingers crossed for everyone, I hope you get an interview!

23 hours ago, CHACHEE said:

Its a new screening tool I've seen some school require. Situational based and a few prompts after a scenario is given. Obviously South University is requiring it. Here is the link for more information https://takecasper.com/aboutcasper/ 

I haven’t heard about this either, South University Tampa sent you a link to this? 

I just graduated in May so I'm still getting everything together to submit by the August 1 deadline. I noticed most of you have already submitted and are mentioning interviews. Do they give early interviews for people who submit their application early? 

Be ready to wait for results  - I took it on the 3rd and it is still pending results. says it takes on average 3-4 wks to be graded and sent to school.....Oh yeah, Test results are not shared with applicants! See below for statement from email.

***Please note that there is a processing period which typically lasts about four weeks. We do not share CASPer test results with applicants, they will only be shared with the schools on your distribution list. CASPer test results are only valid for one application cycle, and only for the program type and country that you reserved for.***

30 minutes ago, prepaguy1 said:

Got an interview as well! Did they send you the email with more information? I'm still waiting on mine 

Congrats to those getting interviews! Would anyone mind sharing their stats? If not I completely understand. Good luck!!

I'm waiting for my email too! This is my first cycle and first interview so I'm super nervous. 

Stats: 3.2 cGPA and sGPA, took a ton of classes post bac so my pre req GPA is higher; GRE 309, W 4.0; >8,000 patient hours in a multi speciality ophthalmology practice, ~500 hours volunteering, some research experience, shadowed 2 PAs, one in the burn ICU and one in the OR doing lumbar fusions, also I already took my CASPer a couple weeks ago for another program

4 hours ago, prepaguy1 said:

Got an interview as well! Did they send you the email with more information? I'm still waiting on mine 

Just got my email about details. I'm from Atlanta so any info on travel info from locals is much appreciated! My main concern is uber or if I should rent a car? 

Archived