2018-2019 Application Cycle (PA Campus)

1 hour ago, eskeetit said:

they said for those who interviewed they will mail you a decision in 4 to 6 weeks from your interview date, if you are either waitlisted or accepted. Great school, made the interview very down to earth. 

Awesome, congrats on your interview! Would you mind sharing tour stats?

3 hours ago, alex123 said:

Awesome, congrats on your interview! Would you mind sharing tour stats?

cGPA: 3.57, Science GPA: 3.53, PCE: 350ish hours as a PT aide, HCE: 500 hours as a project coordinator, 180 volunteering at my local hospital. Shadowed a DO for a year 150hrs, PA for 30hrs in a month. Alot of volunteering and leadership experience. I believe my personal statement, supplemental, along with recommendations and GPA compensated for my hours.

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone ?

My name is Maryann and I was verified the first week of September. Still waiting to hear back but wanted to thank everyone for keeping this conversation going - it is extremely helpful with all the stress of waiting! Best of luck to all of you and will update what happens with my app when I hear back. Also, @amt5672 when I toured there they told me that they typically accept around 64 I believe. 

My Background:

• Social Work/Psychology double major
  • sGPA 3.52
  • HCE hours a bit over 2000 working on an L1 Trauma/Surgery unit 
  • Fellowship in palliative care and hospice
  • Hopeful geriatric primary care provider in a rural setting 
  • Upvote 1

Hello! Question about the supplemental application fee - I was verified in CASPA on 8/30 but did not apply for PCOM until 10/3. I received an email from CASPA that my application was submitted, but I have not heard anything back from the school yet regarding the supplemental fee. Should I be expecting to receive this soon?

On 10/6/2018 at 12:22 PM, eskeetit said:

cGPA: 3.57, Science GPA: 3.53, PCE: 350ish hours as a PT aide, HCE: 500 hours as a project coordinator, 180 volunteering at my local hospital. Shadowed a DO for a year 150hrs, PA for 30hrs in a month. Alot of volunteering and leadership experience. I believe my personal statement, supplemental, along with recommendations and GPA compensated for my hours.

When did you submit?

On 10/6/2018 at 7:13 AM, eskeetit said:

they said for those who interviewed they will mail you a decision in 4 to 6 weeks from your interview date, if you are either waitlisted or accepted. Great school, made the interview very down to earth. 

How many people were in your interview group? Congrats!

On 9/5/2018 at 12:20 PM, eskeetit said:

Good afternoon everyone. I recently got an interview for PCOM in the PA campus on October 3. I accepted the interview date, however I have yet to receive a follow up email regarding more details. Are there any interviewees out there who wouldn't mind sharing their experience going for the interview and when they received an update to the interview invitation.

Edit: They sent me a follow up email within 3 days of the invitation confirming my interview, directions to campus and a form of to fill out about the technical standards of the PA program, ect..

Congrats on your interview! If you do not mind me asking what type of interview style was it? 

On 10/8/2018 at 12:13 PM, sarahvanderloop said:

Hello! Question about the supplemental application fee - I was verified in CASPA on 8/30 but did not apply for PCOM until 10/3. I received an email from CASPA that my application was submitted, but I have not heard anything back from the school yet regarding the supplemental fee. Should I be expecting to receive this soon?

I don't believe anyone answered your question so I would let you know my experience!  I submitted 08/28, verified 08/29 and received the email from PCOM with the supplemental fee link on 09/05! So you should be receiving the email soon ?

11 hours ago, ham655 said:

How do you know if you have been verified? I submitted the secondary fee, but I have not received an email since then unless the portal shows you that you are verified.

Yeah, same here. I submitted the secondary fee (received 8/21/18) and have all the "Requirements" dated, which, according to their site, means the application is complete:

" If there is a date populated in the Received column for each required item, your application is complete. "

I have not received any further communication from them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pharynxlarynxshmarynx said:

Yeah, same here. I submitted the secondary fee (received 8/21/18) and have all the "Requirements" dated, which, according to their site, means the application is complete:

" If there is a date populated in the Received column for each required item, your application is complete. "

I have not received any further communication from them.

Yeah same, I applied in June/July and haven’t heard anything past the payment email. I’m just going by the dated requirements since it says that means it’s complete:) good luck! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 9:31 PM, PAdreamzzz said:

Received a waitlist letter in the mail after 10/2 interview ? I’m so sad, this is my top choice school and I thought I nailed the interview 

I’m sorry to hear this! I am on the waitlist also. Do you know if the people interviewed can receive rejection letters or are they all placed on the waitlist?

• Like 1