Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Might as well get these started, if everyone can post their GPA/ PCE/ (something that makes you unique as an applicant?), E-submit date, and verification date that would be awesome

Goodluck people!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I submitted 5/3, my transcript was received about a week later and I was verified 5/18. Now just waiting! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mbeiler said:

Has anyone received a link to pay the supplemental application fee yet?

 I have not! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 10:05 AM, mbeiler said:

Has anyone received a link to pay the supplemental application fee yet?

I still haven't, verified 06/01. I just sent them an email today.

Their response: 

"We have not started the process for the class entering in 2019. When we have your primary application you will receive instructions on how to complete the application."
 
Looks like we should all take a breather
Edited by Earlthe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PCOM is waiting for a software upgrade to be completed before they review applications! They said this should be complete by the end of July so I expect to start hearing by mid August. Good luck everyone!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else gotten the email for access to their "PCOM Application Portal"? If so, are you able to find the link to pay the $75 application fee? The email says there is a link on the portal, but I am unable to find it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BHau23 said:

Has anyone else gotten the email for access to their "PCOM Application Portal"? If so, are you able to find the link to pay the $75 application fee? The email says there is a link on the portal, but I am unable to find it.

I recieved the email and can’t find the link either. Also if we sent 4 LOR’s through CASPA, do we have to send anything additional? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, allthingspa said:

I recieved the email and can’t find the link either. Also if we sent 4 LOR’s through CASPA, do we have to send anything additional? 

I sent an email asking about the link to pay the application fee. I'll let you know when I hear back. I don't think you need to send anymore letters. As long as one of the letters is from a PA, Physician, or NP you are good. It actually should tell you if the appropriate LOR's are received on the portal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, olivialee said:

Received a reply stating that they are aware of the application fee issue and they are working on fixing it.

Awesome, thanks for letting us know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BHau23 said:

I sent an email asking about the link to pay the application fee. I'll let you know when I hear back. I don't think you need to send anymore letters. As long as one of the letters is from a PA, Physician, or NP you are good. It actually should tell you if the appropriate LOR's are received on the portal.

I hope they’re also having a problem with the LOR requirement. I have 4 letters one of which was from a PA-C but online it doesn’t say “received”... 

 

maybe they aren’t verifying the LOR until the $75 is paid ?

Edited by allthingspa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know about how and where are you guys checking the email, but if you try to log in from desktop or laptop you might see the link. Coz I received the email early in the morning and checked it on phone but didnt find the link but when I checked on the same website from my laptop about hour ago I could pay the supplemental fee. So Idk how it works but you may try that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Vrunda said:

I dont know about how and where are you guys checking the email, but if you try to log in from desktop or laptop you might see the link. Coz I received the email early in the morning and checked it on phone but didnt find the link but when I checked on the same website from my laptop about hour ago I could pay the supplemental fee. So Idk how it works but you may try that.

They must have recently fixed it. I tried earlier on my computer and there wasn’t a link, but I tried on my phone 5 minutes ago and it came up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, allthingspa said:

I hope they’re also having a problem with the LOR requirement. I have 4 letters one of which was from a PA-C but online it doesn’t say “received”... 

 

maybe they aren’t verifying the LOR until the $75 is paid ?

The email received said this:

"Note that once an application fee has been paid,  the letters of recommendation will be processed to your application summary with a received date within 15 days." 

Hope this helps:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all!

I'm a recent PCOM PA grad and came across this thread. 

PCOM starts interviews for PA's roughly in October through February (So october 2018 - february 2019 for the class that would start school in June of 2019)

You'll get an email about a month prior to your interview. 

Obviously the earlier you interview the higher number of available spaces at the time, but I know plenty of classmates that didn't interview until January or February, and even a few that were waitlisted that didn't get an acceptance until May. 

Remember- people will get other acceptances and change their minds!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More