Rutgers 2018-2019 Application Cycle

Just got an email from Rutgers yesterday and was not invited for an interview for further consideration ? I want to know why I was not considered so I can understand what improvements are needed on my application but they stated they are no longer able to reach out with additional information due to "policy change."

Good luck to those with upcoming interviews, congratulations to those offered a seat, and wishing for good news to those still waiting to hear from them!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, spizzalover said:

@ahenige6Congrats on the acceptance! Are the writing assignments supposed to be essay long in length? Kind of nervous for my upcoming interview but any advice would help!

Thank you! I can’t give too much away but the best advice I can say is don’t worry about this section! You don’t need to prepare for it and they give you about 20-30 min to complete. Try not to stress!! They just want to get to know you! ? good luck in your interview 

2 hours ago, marcanomj said:

Got an invitation to interview on Aug 9, but still have yet to receive the actual date/time of the interview. Roughly how long did it take you all to receive that update?

I got the same email. I’m hoping they’ll let us know sometime this week. I’m from California so I need to know so I can book a flight. 

10 hours ago, jenn27 said:

@ahenige6 hi! I just got my interview date and wanted to know if the interviews are individual or group? It has my name on it saying like group 1-4. Please let me know, I know you can’t say much about the writing assignment but is there anyway to prepare? I’m extremely nervous! Any help would be gladly appreciated 

Every 30 min a faculty member for each group will come get you for the interview. It is an individual interview, but you will be with 3 Rutgers faculty or PA students/alumn. You will do great, just be yourself! I prepped by thinking of potential interview questions as well as looking online at common interview questions. Also try to get in at least 1 mock interview before the actual one just to practice! 

On 8/6/2018 at 10:18 PM, jenn27 said:

Submitted May 29, heard back July 11th with the same email. 

@RDtoPAC Hi, i received the same email and i called them to ask how many rounds. They said that we should be hearing back in 2 to 3 weeks. 

@ahenige6 what is the writing assignment like? 

I got that same email July 11th, haven't heard back since...the waiting is killing me!

Hello! I'm a 1st-year PA-S at Rutgers and will gladly answer any questions you may have about the program or the application process itself. This forum was a great resource for me when I was applying so feel free to message me with questions or concerns you may have and I'll try to promptly reply. Please note that I can not/will not provide any direct interview questions, but all else is fair game!

Edited by lotusflower1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/28/2018 at 4:34 PM, lotusflower1 said:

Hello! I'm a 1st-year PA-S at Rutgers and will gladly answer any questions you may have about the program or the application process itself. This forum was a great resource for me when I was applying so feel free to message me with questions or concerns you may have and I'll try to promptly reply. Please note that I can not/will not provide any direct interview questions, but all else is fair game!

Would you be willing to share any details about the interview? I recognize that you cannot share the specific questions you were asked, but any advice would be very much appreciated.