Western 2018-2019 Application Cycle

Hey everyone! I have an interview this week and I’m so happy because it’s one of my top 2 schools but I’m also feeling extremely nervous because I don’t want to mess this up 😧 do any of you know how the interview process goes? Also any helpful tips will be gladly appreciated if you guys don’t mind sharing 😃

17 hours ago, pnayjuju said:

Hey everyone! I have an interview this week and I’m so happy because it’s one of my top 2 schools but I’m also feeling extremely nervous because I don’t want to mess this up 😧 do any of you know how the interview process goes? Also any helpful tips will be gladly appreciated if you guys don’t mind sharing 😃

Some said in this thread that it was MMI style, two interviewers per room, situational questions. I wonder what kind of situational questions they will ask. Im thinking either like "what would you do in this situation??" Or tell me about a situation where you...

• Like 2

Just now, ablanco2691 said:

Some said in this thread that it was MMI style, two interviewers per room, situational questions. I wonder what kind of situational questions they will ask. Im thinking either like "what would you do in this situation??" Or tell me about a situation where you...

From what they told me during the preview day it will be 4 behavioral questions with room for follow up questions. 4 separate rooms with one question per room. The behavioral questions are designed to guess what they can expect out of you in the future based on what you've already done in the past. If this is true then they will ask questions along the line of "name a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you resolved that issue"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 142wtgsbs said:

From what they told me during the preview day it will be 4 behavioral questions with room for follow up questions. 4 separate rooms with one question per room. The behavioral questions are designed to guess what they can expect out of you in the future based on what you've already done in the past. If this is true then they will ask questions along the line of "name a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you resolved that issue"

If that is what they said, its most likely what we can expect for this interview. I am not sure how to prepare for behavioral questions as its difficult to predict what kind of stories you need to have ready but I will try my best. Thanks for your input.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ablanco2691 said:

I am scheduled to interview january 16th at 9:30 AM! Let me know if anyone wants to meet up! I know a few of you said you were down. I look forward to meeting you all 🙂

I'm down if anything gets planned. I'll plan to be in the area by 2 pm tomorrow.

And yea those are tough. Hopefully the questions aren't too tricky.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, pauljl said:

So I was actually able to get tues off too, so I'm down to meet up for a bit if people are

I will be in Pomona are around 2pm or so. Theres a Coffee shop I looked up its called "Mi Cafecito Cofee," it seems pretty cool!  I'll be there if anyone wants to meet 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ablanco2691 said:

If that is what they said, its most likely what we can expect for this interview. I am not sure how to prepare for behavioral questions as its difficult to predict what kind of stories you need to have ready but I will try my best. Thanks for your input.

I've spoken to PAs and PA students and the best advice they gave me was to have stories of experiences that you've gone through in your mind. Try writing some down (not necessarily a rehearsed answer just to jot down your stories). Most times your stories can relate to multiple questions. Just have to change how to wrap them up to answer the question. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Bettyolazabal said:

I will be in Pomona are around 2pm or so. Theres a Coffee shop I looked up its called "Mi Cafecito Cofee," it seems pretty cool!  I'll be there if anyone wants to meet 🙂 

Totally. I'll try to be there in the late afternoon. 

Exactly. That's how I tend to approach it. One way or another, you can usually connect that story to a question that is asked of you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bettyolazabal said:

If anyone is going to be in Pomona tomorrow - I will be at "Mi Cafecitio Coffee" most likely around 2pm. It would be great to meet and then see familiar faces on interview day! & maybe be less stressed (lol if thats possible). 

Im totally interested in meeting up! I am going to try my hardest to show up since I live a little over an hour away and I have work so I can't make any promises but I will for sure let you know! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bettyolazabal said:

I am here (for anyone that was interested in meeting). 🙂  I'll be here until 230 (I thought I would get here later but ended up being no traffic) ! * wearing yellow lol 

Just arrived so I definitely won't be there by 2:30 (can't time travel sorry). But best of luck to everyone tomorrow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaliPA13 said:

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if we are supposed to notify the admissions office once we have completed our in progress courses? I have updated through CASPA by sending my updated official transcripts but wasnt sure if that is all we have to do.. any advice is appreciated! 🙂 

I had the same question and I emailed admissions about it. They told me to update it on CASPA and send official transcripts to CASPA so you should be fine

Just now, Joselle said:

At 5pm today, I received an acceptance!! I am THRILLED! This took way too long!

Just received my acceptance letter too! already reserved my seat. I look forward to meeting you lol. And to everyone else out there good luck and remember that the majority of acceptance letters won't go out till march! so don't give up hope!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 142wtgsbs said:

Just received my acceptance letter too! already reserved my seat. I look forward to meeting you lol. And to everyone else out there good luck and remember that the majority of acceptance letters won't go out till march! so don't give up hope!

Congrats!!! That’s amazing!! When was your interview? 

2 minutes ago, CaliPA13 said:

Congrats on your acceptance!! When did you interview? 

Thank you very much! I interviewed on November 15th!

4 hours ago, 142wtgsbs said:

I look forward to meeting you too! Can't wait until the class gets together. It'll be one heck of a ride once school starts

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joselle said:

Thank you very much! I interviewed on November 15th!

I look forward to meeting you too! Can't wait until the class gets together. It'll be one heck of a ride once school starts

I interviewed on November 15th too!! I wonder if we met lol I was apart of the 8 am group, how about you?