Western 2018-2019 Application Cycle

oGPA 3.46

pGPA 3.74

sGPA 3.36

5760 HCE/ 100 PCE

40 hours PA shadowing

idk if being bilingual in Vietnamese and English will count.

e submitted 5/10

verified 5/16

i am so worried about my low gpa. Hopefully, I still have a chance to get the interviewed invite.

Edited by nickthai2108
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2018 at 8:31 PM, californiahopefulpa said:

Did you guys take a consecutive year of English or did you take two separate English classes? I’m nervous I won’t be able to apply since I only took English 1 and an English elective

Yeah I did and  I took some higher level English courses too since i don’t have any human literature courses. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the Western Supp App it asks for any PCE or community service not listed on CASPA. I feel weird leaving this blank because they have reserved like 3 pages of it for the application however I have listed all my experiences on CASPA other than my most recent 1 week of PCE since I submitted it. Did other people leave this blank too? Thanks 

On 7/18/2018 at 6:46 PM, Tauntaun said:

I am from a different state so my pre-reqs don't have the same code as the one listed in their database. Did anyone submit syllabuses for all their pre-reqs? I don't believe I have access to syllabuses for some of the courses I took. Would course descriptions work?

I had to do this for one class before, they require the actual syllabus. You will need to contact the school you took the classes at and ask for the ones you need. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2018 at 7:43 AM, carlzbarkley said:

@acamody hi there, you have to automatically submit it on your own with a 50$ fee. Just a heads up they won’t remind you to do it! It’s a really simple supplemental though, mostly prereq sheet. 

Is it through their website? I got the prereq worksheet part down, but do you make an account then upload that to the supplemental? 

Also- did you attach the syllabus for any classes that were not listed? Is this something that would be make it/break it. (should I make sure its done properly or kind of wait and see if they ask for a syllabus) 

22 hours ago, applicant24 said:

Is it through their website? I got the prereq worksheet part down, but do you make an account then upload that to the supplemental? 

Also- did you attach the syllabus for any classes that were not listed? Is this something that would be make it/break it. (should I make sure its done properly or kind of wait and see if they ask for a syllabus) 

You have to creat an account so you can upload prerequisites form and supportive information. Pay 50$ and you are all done ✅.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just thought I would share some information I received at the preview day today. I spoke with an admissions counselor and asked when I should expect to hear something back (I applied 7/17) and asked if they are going through applications by date of submission. She informed me that they do not go by application date, but by gpa. She explained that they use a tier system to tier your application and the tier you are placed in is based off of your lowest gpa (whichever is lowest out of cGPA, sGPA, pre reqGPA). They then start at the highest gpa tiers and go down from there. She then informed me that last year they did not even go lower than the 3.5 gpa tier. I took this to mean that applications under 3.5 did not get reviewed. 

• Like 2