ATSU 2018/2019 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, egrace said:

For those of you who have already submitted the secondary app, how long were your essays? Did you use the entire 500 word count, or would shorter and to the point be okay?

My first essay was 400 words and my second essay was 495 words. Don't know if less or more is better, but maybe someone else can chime in about that! good luck ?

Edited by californiahopefulpa

11 minutes ago, californiahopefulpa said:

I honestly don't think it matters how many words you write, it's more about the content. 

This was what I was going with as well! But my first essay was an accident. I thought I had 500 characters, probably because the personal statement was based on character count, and when I typed it into the application, it said I had like 300 words left! But I personally think my essay was good as well as concise; I just wanted to see what everyone else's thoughts were! Thanks for your input!

On 6/13/2018 at 9:19 AM, egrace said:

For those of you who have already submitted the secondary app, how long were your essays? Did you use the entire 500 word count, or would shorter and to the point be okay?

Both of mine were right around 500 words, I felt like I needed all of that writing to elaborate on my points and be as convincing as I could have been

cGPA: 3.55

sGPA: 3.41

PCE: 3542 as an EMT/ED Tech

Volunteer: 320 hours volunteering including mentoring at risk youth, coaching and community clean up

Shadowing: 45 hours in 3 different specialties

Verified: June 18

Submitted Secondary Application: June 19

Well congrats on getting your supplemental application in!  I would say go back and look at your CASPA and double check that they are all complete and that you have the LOR's that they want from you as well.  If you have that, then I would think that there is some problem with the transfer process.  It sounds weird, but I would get going to make sure you don't get stuck and slowed down because of that .

All of min LORs fit the bill... one MD (who is also a supervisor), another MD and two NPs. Final is from my grad school prof/advisor.

Did yours transfer over right away? The email says it can take two weeks to process... I know I’m a little late and I’m just a little nervous about everything getting over to them quick enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of min LORs fit the bill... one MD (who is also a supervisor), another MD and two NPs. Final is from my grad school prof/advisor.

Did yours transfer over right away? The email says it can take two weeks to process... I know I’m a little late and I’m just a little nervous about everything getting over to them quick enough.

Sorry should have said that the prof is Science professor (BIO and nutrition)

When I submitted my application through CASPA, it said your application will not be complete and verified until the school identifies that they have all the pieces that they need, but I am pretty sure my letter's of Rec processed over with everything else in my application.  The process might take two weeks and that is just part of the waiting game here.  I think if you are really stuck up on this, then maybe call CASPA or the school. 

24 minutes ago, acamody said:

For those of you who have submitted a secondary application have you heard anything back so far? any interview invites yet?

Nothing yet! Just got an email from their diversity department thanking me for applying. From my understanding, we should be hearing about invites and denials by the first week in July at the earliest.

21 hours ago, gabrieldreis said:

When I submitted my application through CASPA, it said your application will not be complete and verified until the school identifies that they have all the pieces that they need, but I am pretty sure my letter's of Rec processed over with everything else in my application.  The process might take two weeks and that is just part of the waiting game here.  I think if you are really stuck up on this, then maybe call CASPA or the school. 

I had the same thing happen. My CASPA was verified 6/13 and I submitted my supplemental today (6/27). I just gave them a call and it sounds like they don't process your application until they receive the supplemental so it'll take up to two more weeks for them to verify that they received the LORs. She did say that if we submitted them through CASPA that it should be fine. Otherwise, they will let us know in an email. Hope this helps!