2018-2019 Stony Brook Application Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

I am a little confused about the "admissions requirements" of the Certification in BLS requirement. From reading previous forums, it seems like this was a requirement after you were accepted.

However, their website states: "If you are offered an interview with the program, you will sign a condition form that you acknowledge that you have to send official transcripts to the program, show proof of current BLS certification, and successfully pass a criminal background check by June 1st (of the year you will be starting)." 

For those of you who were offered an interview, did you have to show proof of current BLS certification? 

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, penguinapple said:

Hello!

I am a little confused about the "admissions requirements" of the Certification in BLS requirement. From reading previous forums, it seems like this was a requirement after you were accepted.

However, their website states: "If you are offered an interview with the program, you will sign a condition form that you acknowledge that you have to send official transcripts to the program, show proof of current BLS certification, and successfully pass a criminal background check by June 1st (of the year you will be starting)." 

For those of you who were offered an interview, did you have to show proof of current BLS certification? 

Thanks in advance!

I believe the form signed at the interview just attests that you will provide them with all that information by June 1st if accepted. BLS is good for 2 years though so you could try doing it before your interview if you're worried about it. I attached mine to my application because I'm required to have it as an EMT. Hope that helps! 

On 6/13/2018 at 1:19 PM, aberkowitz said:

When did you guys submit your supplemental for those that got interview invites? I submitted mine on May 3rd and didn't get a confirmation that they received it... did y'all?

I received a response fairly quickly after sending the supplemental. I didn't receive any conformation of it though! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

Does anyone interviewing September 15th want to get together for dinner or something the night before? I like seeing friendly faces, I feel like it helps to know someone when you walk in. 

I would! I also have an interview September 15th, but opted for the afternoon 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, PAgirl2019 said:

Offered an interview for December 6. I am so excited.

Good luck!! I hope all goes amazing!! ? 

Just a question for you regarding reference letters -- I currently have 2 MDs and 1 academic provider. Does Stony Brook require 1 letter from a PA? It doesn't specify on their website. Just says "Three references."

If not, my application is pretty much set to be sent if a reference letter from a PA isn't mandatory! I have been trying so hard this past year to find a PA to shadow but unfortunately, the places I have reached out to don't allow it (bummer, I know!). The urgent I work for has PAs but the site I am in does not have them on staff due to low volume ?

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated!

Archived