List of PA Schools for those struggling with GPA

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I think most schools won't even look at someone with a GPA at their "minimum" mark unless the rest of the application is amazing or they have a huge upward trend. IMO the minimums are set so low to get more applications, and thus more fees, that can be thrown away as soon as they are opened. Sad but true. Instead of targeting low GPA schools I would target schools that explicitly say they will look at the last 60 GPA.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2018 at 5:55 PM, johncfl said:

Hey everyone,

I created this list of schools for those of us who did poorly in college when we were kids and have desires to be PA's. The list consists of the following: School name, CGPA, SGPA, PrereqGPA, and HCE hours. I don't know if this is ALL of the schools, but it was all of the ones I could find and I looked at pretty much every PA program. I hope this helps some of you out in your application process. If any one knows of other schools you can comment below and I will add them. Best of luck to all. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10DB5YytgTE6oOarGVgJQ_1Mm8Jj6g5J8eS1-yRj1CA8/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

CASPA's GPA Calculator can be downloaded from their website:  https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Submitting_and_Monitoring_Your_CASPA_Application/Verification_and_GPA_Calculations_for_CASPA/2_How_Your_GPA_is_Calculated

You'll need to type in all of your courses individually, so it takes some time. To standardize a wide variety of transcripts, CASPA converts 1 quarter unit = 0.667 semester units. Do not be surprised if the calculated GPA is lower than you expected. This is common. So as others have advised, always shoot for above the minimums. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If y’all are looking for some help with applying to PA school, the PA platform has a workshop Online on April 25th for only $10 (after using discount code: Kristin10). It’s great for answering those CASPA questions you’ve been confused about! Register at prepaconference.com 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using My PA Box is a great way to compare your stats to average accepted student stats. For the programs that publish their class profiles (including average GPA of student they accept), My PA Box organizes that info (along with all requirements, prerequisites, PCE hours required, etc.) on one easy to use platform. Check it out at www.mypabox.com.

It's a really great new resource for pre-PA students. 

Use code PATHTOPA for 15% off your yearly subscription !

& message me on Instragram @thepathtopa if you have any questions about it or any pre-PA questions in general!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/13/2018 at 11:16 PM, Endeavor said:

Nice!! its actually Wayne State University* ? I'm not sure if you can add to the list,  but here's another one: Western Michigan University https://wmich.edu/pa/academics/apply they require a minimum of a 3.0 in the most recent 60 credit hours

Also, would be cool if you can add City/State..but really great job!

How do you get your GPA for the your last 60 credits?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2019 at 1:41 PM, laferri2 said:

To be honest, I think most schools won't even look at someone with a GPA at their "minimum" mark unless the rest of the application is amazing or they have a huge upward trend. IMO the minimums are set so low to get more applications, and thus more fees, that can be thrown away as soon as they are opened. Sad but true. Instead of targeting low GPA schools I would target schools that explicitly say they will look at the last 60 GPA.

How do you calculate the last 60 credits? do I go in CASPA and pull my semesters all the classes?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

PA school becoming like starbucks ... one every corner ...  I think anyone with mediocre grades and can get a student loan should feel comfortable putting an application fwd .... get some easy health care job and make it sound good .... many PA programs count scribe as health care experience .... some PA programs do not require it at all 

• Downvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/13/2018 at 8:55 PM, roundabout said:

Hey everyone,

I created this list of schools for those of us who did poorly in college when we were kids and have desires to be PA's. The list consists of the following: School name, CGPA, SGPA, PrereqGPA, and HCE hours. I don't know if this is ALL of the schools, but it was all of the ones I could find and I looked at pretty much every PA program. I hope this helps some of you out in your application process. If any one knows of other schools you can comment below and I will add them. Best of luck to all. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10DB5YytgTE6oOarGVgJQ_1Mm8Jj6g5J8eS1-yRj1CA8/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you.