List of PA Schools for those struggling with GPA

22 minutes ago, ronnieusmc0311 said:

Hello, I was wondering how I would go about adding quarter credits and grades into my B.A. semester credits using the GPA DOC John provided. Thank you.

There is a space where the value can either be a "Q" for quarter or "S"" for semester. Pick whichever pertains to the particular class you are entering.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:55 PM, johncfl said:

Hey everyone,

I created this list of schools for those of us who did poorly in college when we were kids and have desires to be PA's. The list consists of the following: School name, CGPA, SGPA, PrereqGPA, and HCE hours. I don't know if this is ALL of the schools, but it was all of the ones I could find and I looked at pretty much every PA program. I hope this helps some of you out in your application process. If any one knows of other schools you can comment below and I will add them. Best of luck to all. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10DB5YytgTE6oOarGVgJQ_1Mm8Jj6g5J8eS1-yRj1CA8/edit?usp=sharing

Bethel University GPA 3.16 average and South College University Lowest 2.75  in TN.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 4:12 PM, aceface said:

Everyone should also look into Non CASPA schools. I applied to one last year and was offered an interview. I declined the interview since I was accepted to a couple of other schools.

Are there any non-CASPA schools you would recommend?

• Like 1

Hey everyone,
I created this list of schools for those of us who did poorly in college when we were kids and have desires to be PA's. The list consists of the following: School name, CGPA, SGPA, PrereqGPA, and HCE hours. I don't know if this is ALL of the schools, but it was all of the ones I could find and I looked at pretty much every PA program. I hope this helps some of you out in your application process. If any one knows of other schools you can comment below and I will add them. Best of luck to all. 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10DB5YytgTE6oOarGVgJQ_1Mm8Jj6g5J8eS1-yRj1CA8/edit?usp=sharing
Another column to consider would be any time limit on pre-req's, like must be within 10 yrs, 7yrs, etc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 9:56 PM, johncfl said:

I have updated the file that I originally posted with school locations and each individual schools prereqs.

Hey, are you sure EVMS is 3.0 with the last 60? Is that based off of you talking to them personally because their website just says 3.0 flat. Please let me know! Thank you x 

EVMS will take the better of the following 3 GPAS: Replacement GPA (Last 40 credits), Undergrad GPA, or Graduate GPA. 3.0 is the cut off but it's a very competitive program so a much higher GPA is desirable. Take a look at their website to see their most recent accepted students stats.

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/health_professions/mpa_program/pdfs/EVMS_MPA_Admissions_Statistics_(2015-17).pdf

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:35 AM, Hana339 said:

Hey, are you sure EVMS is 3.0 with the last 60? Is that based off of you talking to them personally because their website just says 3.0 flat. Please let me know! Thank you x 

If you look at the EVMS website there is a pdf admissions handbook and there is all of the information that you need to know to apply. It speaks more to the GPA than on the website page in the handbook.

Edited by johncfl
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 3:35 AM, Hana339 said:

To my knowledge they will calculate the last 60 without you asking and take the higher GPA between the two

On 9/1/2018 at 3:35 AM, Hana339 said:

They will choose between the 3 GPAS: Replacement GPA (Last 40 credits), Undergrad GPA, or Graduate GPA– which ever is greater. Although the cut off is 3.0, the average acceptance is much greater than 3.0. They focus heavily on patient care hours as well. The stats are posted here: https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/health_professions/mpa_program/pdfs/EVMS_MPA_Admissions_Statistics_(2015-17).pdf

**Edit: I would like to add that prerequisite GPA is VERY important as well– this is understandable because this is the foundation of medicine. 

Edited by Dono

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2018 at 8:03 PM, mxray said:

To my knowledge they will calculate the last 60 without you asking and take the higher GPA between the two

I emailed EVMS and they responded with: "CASPA automatically computes the replacement GPA (last 40 credits) for our applicants. You don't have to specify it on your application."

• Upvote 1