Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just received an interview invite for Oct 17th! Probably the last interview date based on last year..

I was verified on 7/11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TayPrePA said:

Received an interview for Oct. 17th! Yay!

@TayPrePA Congratulations!  When did you submit your application?  I submitted really late and not very confident I applied early enough.

Edited by jtexasb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jtexasb said:

@TayPrePA Congratulations!  When did you submit your application?  I submitted really late and not very confident I applied early enough.

I was complete 6/24 and I still haven’t heard back ? Figured with an earlier app I would hear something sooner, but I guess not.

If they’re still sending out interview invites you certainly have a shot! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TayPrePA said:

Received an interview for Oct. 17th! Yay!

Did you receive this invite via phone or e-mail? Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to everyone who received an interview! I will be applying next year and was wondering if those that received an interview can comment on if they took organic with or without a lab and if they took biochem?

Also, wondering when everyone submitted their app that has received an interview so far? 

THANKS GUYS! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Applied 6/8 (was verified 6/13) and was invited via email a couple days ago to interview 10/17. Super stoked for the opportunity! I was told by Kay, Director of Admissions for UC PA program, that this is their very last interview date for the year. Anyone from previous interviews have any recommendations?

Congratulations to all those who have received interviews!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I interviewed on September 4th and have not heard ANYTHING yet. Has anyone from that interview date or 9/5 heard anything at all?? 

I am getting impatient LOL. Thanks guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 8:20 PM, Heretohelp said:

I interviewed on September 4th and have not heard ANYTHING yet. Has anyone from that interview date or 9/5 heard anything at all?? 

I am getting impatient LOL. Thanks guys!

I also interviewed on September 4th and have yet to hear anything. The silence is slowly killing me..... Let's hope we hear good news this week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 12:16 PM, TayPrePA said:

Received an interview for Oct. 17th! Yay!

I’ll be there for the interview on the 17th too! Congrats! Can’t wait to meet everyone 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, cmlPA said:

Hello all!

Interviewing on 10/5, does anyone know what the interview format is?

Thanks!

The follow up interview invite email (after you confirmed to accepting the interview) gives you a link to the website that describes all of the interview day details. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 1:12 AM, KatherineLee said:

Congrats to everyone who received an interview! I will be applying next year and was wondering if those that received an interview can comment on if they took organic with or without a lab and if they took biochem?

Also, wondering when everyone submitted their app that has received an interview so far? 

THANKS GUYS! 

I took 1 semester of Organic chem with lab and 1 semester of Biochem. 

Submitted the 3rd week of June and I’m interviewing tomorrow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 3:12 AM, KatherineLee said:

Congrats to everyone who received an interview! I will be applying next year and was wondering if those that received an interview can comment on if they took organic with or without a lab and if they took biochem?

Also, wondering when everyone submitted their app that has received an interview so far? 

THANKS GUYS! 

I took organic chemistry 1 and 2, both with labs. I took biochemistry as well. I submitted my application mid June. 

 

I received an interview invite at the beginning of September for October 17th interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HopeI said:

Has anyone heard back from the interview from 9/19 yet, or do you think it is too early? 

Kay had said people from the first interview group have already been accepted, but none of them posted here. So people from 9/19 group may have been accepted, they just didn't post here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know calls went out because I just talked with someone who got called. Kay said not to panic if you don't get the call the next day though, she made it sound like there is still a chance all the way up to the end of October. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My interview date is coming up on the 5th and I have to admit that I’m nervous as hell. I hope everyone else who will be there on the 5th is able to put their best foot forward and nails their interview questions. Good luck and see you soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WorkinOnIt said:

My interview date is coming up on the 5th and I have to admit that I’m nervous as hell. I hope everyone else who will be there on the 5th is able to put their best foot forward and nails their interview questions. Good luck and see you soon!

Your nerves will be better than you expect once you are actually there. They do a lot to try and get everyone relaxed and feeling comfortable. You’ll do great! Good luck 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cpacina said:

Your nerves will be better than you expect once you are actually there. They do a lot to try and get everyone relaxed and feeling comfortable. You’ll do great! Good luck 

I’m less worried about the actual interview and questions: we can all prep for that ! ? ... I’m more concerned on what the “group activity” entails! Lol

Im sure it’s just to see how we work and communicate with others... I just get nervous when I have no idea what to expect. Is it as technical as coming up with a treatment plan for a patient? Or something as silly as those “egg drop” with straws or see how tall you can make a structure with given materials?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SomosPAPAya said:

I’m less worried about the actual interview and questions: we can all prep for that ! ? ... I’m more concerned on what the “group activity” entails! Lol

Im sure it’s just to see how we work and communicate with others... I just get nervous when I have no idea what to expect. Is it as technical as coming up with a treatment plan for a patient? Or something as silly as those “egg drop” with straws or see how tall you can make a structure with given materials?

 

 

It’s not technical, at least mine wasn’t and I interviewed a few weeks ago. Just a fun little activity. They told us it’s really more of an ice breaker to calm the nerves

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More