UNTHSC 2018-2019 Application Cycle

Hey y'all, current student at UNTHSC so I figured I'd chip in my thoughts to questions that were sort of unanswered.

I know someone had asked about whether they take many people from out of state and I'd say roughly half of my class is from out of state, but I've never checked/counted to be honest. 

Another question was about whether they accept students with C's in their transcript and they accepted me so that's a yes, I got 3 C's in undergrad: genetics, cellular bio, and evolutionary bio. I think my science GPA was around 3.6 and my cumulative GPA was around 3.7

7 hours ago, jaknick said:

Hey y'all, current student at UNTHSC so I figured I'd chip in my thoughts to questions that were sort of unanswered.

I know someone had asked about whether they take many people from out of state and I'd say roughly half of my class is from out of state, but I've never checked/counted to be honest. 

Another question was about whether they accept students with C's in their transcript and they accepted me so that's a yes, I got 3 C's in undergrad: genetics, cellular bio, and evolutionary bio. I think my science GPA was around 3.6 and my cumulative GPA was around 3.7

Thank you for sharing and providing some insight! 

18 hours ago, jaknick said:

Was wondering about the out of state thing since I’m an out of state applicant. Was starting to get worried haha. Thanks for the info! 

Howdy!

I am a 1st time applicant,

I submitted my CASPA on June 4

Received an app under review email from UNT on July 3

Received interview invite for UNT on July 16

Will be attending the September 15, 8AM session.... can't wait to meet everyone else there!

Nervous but super excited for interviews tomorrow! Hoping this rain won't cancel the campus tour!

14 hours ago, mpasplz said:

has anyone who interviewed on 9/15 heard back? how were interviews for yall?

So far, we haven't heard anything, but they told us early next week will be when we hear back most likely (who knows, could be sooner). The interview was super fun and the campus is amazing. Everyone was nice and friendly! The interview tasks are very objective and meant to see how you perform under time constraints basically. The tasks were straightforward in my opinion. Also, I can agree that it is difficult to personally interact with staff members during the day, and that made it hard to know if you stood out to them at all. Hopefully we hear back soon! ? 

1 minute ago, Jennifer01 said:

I know last year they got back the Wednesday/Thursday after the interview... I thought they also said it never really takes two weeks and they'd get back to us this week

Yeah, I saw that too. But I thought she told us it could take 2 weeks, but most likely would be sooner, at least that's what she said in the morning session.

• Like 1