UNTHSC 2018-2019 Application Cycle

On 7/12/2018 at 11:25 AM, egrace said:

So I know all public Texas medical schools must admit 90% from in-state due to receiving funding from the state. This means that at the max, only 10% of out-of-state applicants get in. I have seen other posts stating that public Texas PA schools have to follow the same guidelines. Some state that if you get an interview everyone is essentially on common ground. But they tend to be more picky about out-of-state applicants due to the percentage accepted. I am not 100% on any of this as it's all speculation! However, looking at the FAQ page I did find this: 

Do you accept out of state residents? Do you have any particular number of assigned seats for in-state as well as out of state students? 
Yes, we accept out of state students. However, we do not have a particular number of assigned seats for in-state or out of state students. Residency is not one of the criteria used in evaluating candidates for entry into the PA program.

Again, I cannot attest to the validity the claims, it is just what I've seen others discuss. But this is directly from UNT's website, so I'm not sure what else you can go off of. Regardless, best of luck!

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, aspiring__PA said:

Thank you!! I am a repeat applicant. 

Cumulative gpa- 3.63

science gpa- 3.51

patient care hours- 4000 as an MA

volunteer hours- 200 at a clinic for underserved populations

shadowing- three different specialties of PAs

Thank you for the information. I wish you the very best : )

14 hours ago, JenBrook said:

Congratulations!!! When was your application up for review and would you mind sharing your stats? : )

Thanks! I am a re-applicant, I wonder if they have a lot of re-applicants come to this interview.

My stats are GPA3.63, sGPA: 3.66, GRE Quant: 51%, Verbal: 86%, writing: 3.5, patient-care hours: 1100, healthcare hours: 1800.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, caitdud said:

Thanks! I am a re-applicant, I wonder if they have a lot of re-applicants come to this interview.

My stats are GPA3.63, sGPA: 3.66, GRE Quant: 51%, Verbal: 86%, writing: 3.5, patient-care hours: 1100, healthcare hours: 1800.

21 hours ago, aspiring__PA said:

Interviewing October 6 in the morning!!

Congrats you guys!!!!!! Do you mind sharing when your application was up for your review? thanks! 

Does anyone know if UNTHSC is changing the start date for incoming students for 2019 since they condensed the program down to 30 months? I'm trying to get an idea of when all Texas programs start and knew they typically began in July, but saw something online about August.  I emailed the program to ask, but curious if anyone has heard anything. Thanks!

45 minutes ago, egrace said:

Does anyone know if UNTHSC is changing the start date for incoming students for 2019 since they condensed the program down to 30 months? I'm trying to get an idea of when all Texas programs start and knew they typically began in July, but saw something online about August.  I emailed the program to ask, but curious if anyone has heard anything. Thanks!

To my understanding orientation begins in mid-August and then class starts late August. I’m pretty sure it’ll just be ending at a different time due to the condensed curriculum. 

On 7/25/2018 at 10:02 AM, caitdud said:

Thanks for sharing!!! I am not sure on the re-applicant question. Very best of luck ; )

When you are referring to getting the email that says: Application under review, is this the email you are referring to?

Thank you for your interest in UNT Health Science Center’s Physician Assistant Studies Program.  Now that you have submitted your CASPA application, we would like to give you a general reminder of our additional application requirements.  If you have not already done so, you will need to submit the following items before your application can be reviewed.  All applicants will need to send an official GRE Score Report through CASPA using Institution Code 6380 and pay our Application Processing Fee.  The $40 application fee is payable online at the link below. When making your payment, please ensure that you enter your CASPA ID correctly and that you enter your name as it appears on your CASPA application. 

>>Pay Application Processing Fee Here<<

Once all application materials have been received, your application will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled for competitive applicants.  Please be patient as we diligently review all applications.

Soon you will receive an email giving you login credentials for your online applicant portal.  From this portal you will be able to see if your application materials have been received and you will be able to monitor the status of your application.  It may take up to one business day before the status of your application materials are accurate in the online portal.

If you have previously applied to or attended a school in the UNT System, then you already have access to your online applicant portal.  If you no longer remember your login credentials, then you may retrieve them at my.hsc.unt.edu in the "Login Help" section.

Again, we appreciate your interest in the Physician Assistant Studies Program at UNT Health Science Center and wish you much success in your pursuit of a career in this field.

14 minutes ago, KrebsCycle said:

When you are referring to getting the email that says: Application under review, is this the email you are referring to?

Thank you for your interest in UNT Health Science Center’s Physician Assistant Studies Program.  Now that you have submitted your CASPA application, we would like to give you a general reminder of our additional application requirements.  If you have not already done so, you will need to submit the following items before your application can be reviewed.  All applicants will need to send an official GRE Score Report through CASPA using Institution Code 6380 and pay our Application Processing Fee.  The $40 application fee is payable online at the link below. When making your payment, please ensure that you enter your CASPA ID correctly and that you enter your name as it appears on your CASPA application. 

>>Pay Application Processing Fee Here<<

Once all application materials have been received, your application will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled for competitive applicants.  Please be patient as we diligently review all applications.

Soon you will receive an email giving you login credentials for your online applicant portal.  From this portal you will be able to see if your application materials have been received and you will be able to monitor the status of your application.  It may take up to one business day before the status of your application materials are accurate in the online portal.

If you have previously applied to or attended a school in the UNT System, then you already have access to your online applicant portal.  If you no longer remember your login credentials, then you may retrieve them at my.hsc.unt.edu in the "Login Help" section.

Again, we appreciate your interest in the Physician Assistant Studies Program at UNT Health Science Center and wish you much success in your pursuit of a career in this field.

No, I got an email that said this: 

Your application processing fee and GRE score report have been received. Your application is now complete and under review.  

Invitations to interview will be made beginning in July through January 31, 2019.  Applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted by email. Applicants who are not selected to interview will be notified by email no later than January 31, 2019. 

On 7/25/2018 at 2:23 PM, lctexas4 said:

To my understanding orientation begins in mid-August and then class starts late August. I’m pretty sure it’ll just be ending at a different time due to the condensed curriculum. 

You're correct; I received an answer from the admin that classes will begin in August 2019. I was just curious because past classes have had orientation mid-July and started late July. Anyway, thanks for your help!

• Upvote 1