UNTHSC 2018-2019 Application Cycle

2 minutes ago, hannahnicole said:

I also received an invitation to interview today. Interview is for September 15th in the afternoon. Application was under review June 11th. To my understanding they send invites in waves for the same interview date. 

I wonder if they are going in order like last year... I submitted 5/29 and was verified on the 30th and then under review on June 8th... So I kind of hope they aren't going in order since I haven't heard anything from them. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jennifer01 said:

I wonder if they are going in order like last year... I submitted 5/29 and was verified on the 30th and then under review on June 8th... So I kind of hope they aren't going in order since I haven't heard anything from them. 

I'm in the same boat, I was  under review on the 5th and haven't heard anything.

Edited by wannabepac

2 hours ago, wannabepac said:

Do you mind sharing your stats?

2nd time applicant. 

Degree in Kinesiology

GPA: 3.704

sGPA: 3.602

GRE: 158v, 156q, 4.0 aw

750 hours PCE/HCE as a nursing assistant (1 year part-time)   

1500 hours non-HCE employment (3.5 yrs part-time) 

600 hours volunteering as youth basketball coach, cardiac rehab tech, and medical assistant. 

60 PA shadowing hours

40 MD shadowing hours 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shelbs2018 said:

Under review on 6/11. 

Well, mine was also under review on the 11th, but got that email late afternoon so hopefully that’s the reason and they send out another wave soon! Fingers crossed because this is my top program! Anyway, nothing to do but wait and good luck to those who already have interviews!  

12 minutes ago, JenBrook said:

Congratulations! That is great news!  I believe Sept 15th is also the date of the UTSW Sept interview session. I am surprised that two local schools would have the same interview dates.  Has anyone seen the other planned interview dates for UNTHSC interviews? 

Yeah, I just double checked and it looks like UTSW has interview dates on Sept 14th/15th... That seems weird that they would hold interviews on the same day 

1 hour ago, egrace said:

Just received an invitation to interview on September 15th and will be in the morning session! I received my under review email from UNT on 6/11! 

I also got my invitation for September 15th and I will be attending the afternoon session! I was under review on June 8th!

• Like 2

1st time applicant

Degree in Psychology and Minor in Biology

GPA: 4.0

sGPA: 4.0

GRE: 299 combined (yikes)

5,000+ HCE hours as a pharmacy technician  

20+ hours volunteering through hospice (not a lot by any means but still working on it)

72 PA shadowing hours

12 MD shadowing hours 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Cblaze1 said:

You mind sharing your stats?

Well first off, this is a career change for me, though I'm still under 30, from a non-healthcare field (it is considered public health) so a lot of my experience looks different than most. With that being said:

1st time applicant

Bachelors in Health Sciences and Masters in Public Health

GPA: 3.9

sGPA: 3.9 (pesky A- grading schemes)

Graduate GPA: 4.0

GRE: 305 combined 

730 PCE hours from my jobs in occupational health & safety, ergonomics (work one-on-one with patients/clients)

1286 HCE hours through work in health & safety, cancer patient volunteer

4000+ hours non-healthcare employment (parts of my job not related to health

493  hours volunteering through church and college organizations 

9 PA shadowing hours (I have a full time job and only have typical sick and vacation days...this was all I could manage while saving days for potential interviews)

48 MD shadowing hours (from college) 

23 hours ago, aochs4 said:

Hello everyone! I was just wondering how many of you are out of state and whether or not this affects one's chances of getting accepted?Good Luck to you all!

So I know all public Texas medical schools must admit 90% from in-state due to receiving funding from the state. This means that at the max, only 10% of out-of-state applicants get in. I have seen other posts stating that public Texas PA schools have to follow the same guidelines. Some state that if you get an interview everyone is essentially on common ground. But they tend to be more picky about out-of-state applicants due to the percentage accepted. I am not 100% on any of this as it's all speculation! However, looking at the FAQ page I did find this: 

Do you accept out of state residents? Do you have any particular number of assigned seats for in-state as well as out of state students? 
Yes, we accept out of state students. However, we do not have a particular number of assigned seats for in-state or out of state students. Residency is not one of the criteria used in evaluating candidates for entry into the PA program.

Again, I cannot attest to the validity the claims, it is just what I've seen others discuss. But this is directly from UNT's website, so I'm not sure what else you can go off of. Regardless, best of luck!

Edited by egrace

Hello everyone!!

I also just received an interview invite for 9/15. I will be attending the afternoon session as well!! Good luck to everyone who has applied! I know the wait is agonizing!

CASPA verified on 06/07/2018

Received email stating application was complete and under review on 06/19/2018