UNTHSC 2018-2019 Application Cycle

I was invited to interview November 10th (today), but unfortunately I was in another state for another interview. I asked if I could re-schedule for another date but they informed me that this is the last scheduled interview ?.

I'm bummed. I would've really liked to check this school out. Hopefully me declining opened up a spot for someone else. Good luck! 

Edited by ashprepa

On 11/7/2018 at 7:14 PM, nh1095 said:

For those who were accepted, did you guys feel like you did well after the MMIs or feel like you totally blew it? I'm so nervous for my interview this weekend! 

Hello! I interviewed in October and was accepted the week after. I personally was very nervous and felt I could have done better! I hope your interview went well this weekend! In the end I feel everyone is nervous, they just want you to answer the best you can and be yourself!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, abc2018 said:

If there are any current students, could you please provide advise on housing? 

Thank you! 

I believe the majority of students rented apartments if they did not already live in the area. I know some people went to My HSC Day in April to meet other students in the class and found roommates that way and also checked out nearby apartment complexes. You can also post on the facebook page to find out if anyone else is interested in being roommates or to get advice on apartments in the area. I live outside of Fort Worth in a house so I'm not familiar with the housing around campus. Hopefully that's helpful enough to get you pointed in the right direction at least! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 4:36 PM, jaknick said:

I believe the majority of students rented apartments if they did not already live in the area. I know some people went to My HSC Day in April to meet other students in the class and found roommates that way and also checked out nearby apartment complexes. You can also post on the facebook page to find out if anyone else is interested in being roommates or to get advice on apartments in the area. I live outside of Fort Worth in a house so I'm not familiar with the housing around campus. Hopefully that's helpful enough to get you pointed in the right direction at least! 

Thank you so much for answering! Do you really recommend going to My HSC Day? As far as your class, did many people attend? 

Thank you! 

On 3/5/2019 at 7:55 PM, abc2018 said:

Thank you so much for answering! Do you really recommend going to My HSC Day? As far as your class, did many people attend? 

Thank you! 

I wouldn't be able to make a recommendation one way or the other. I couldn't go since I had to work and I already knew where I was going to live, so I didn't need to scope out apartments. If you have the time to go, want to meet your future classmates, and/or find out where you might want to live then you might consider it. 

I would guess that maybe half of the class attended

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2019 at 10:16 PM, ljames1237 said:

To anyone that got an interview/acceptance from this cycle would any of you be open to sharing your personal statement with me. I will be applying for the 2019-2020 cycle and want to make sure my statement helps my application and does not hurt it.

There are plenty of online resources for writing an effective personal statement. Good luck! 

• 3 weeks later...