UNTHSC 2018-2019 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, physasst3 said:

For the people that interviewed, was the interview more of a traditional or MMI format? And if so, were the questions more on th ethical side or traditional?

It was MMI. I can't speak for others, but I personally didn't have any ethical questions. Mine were traditional, but I was also asked to recall some experiences where I dealt with adversity. Prior to interviewing, I googled MMI questions and really tried to recall my own experiences. My honest advice is to be yourself, stay calm, and take a breath if you need one. I felt that the interview was super laid-back. Out of a 3.5 hour day, you are doing interview activities for only about an hour (which I guess could be a good thing or a bad thing). The rest is touring the campus and asking the students and faculty questions. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions! 

I am interviewing Oct 6th in the afternoon. I interviewed at UT Southwestern in Sept. and that was MMI. There were ten rooms with prompts on the doors. Ranging from building something without your hands to strengths vs weaknesses to interpreting graphs. Is the UNT MMI like this? @lctexas4 They rang a loud cowbell when time was up and when to switch...haha I felt like a longhorn in the corrals. 

1 hour ago, PrePAQueen19 said:

I am interviewing Oct 6th in the afternoon. I interviewed at UT Southwestern in Sept. and that was MMI. There were ten rooms with prompts on the doors. Ranging from building something without your hands to strengths vs weaknesses to interpreting graphs. Is the UNT MMI like this? @lctexas4 They rang a loud cowbell when time was up and when to switch...haha I felt like a longhorn in the corrals. 

I have interviewed at both UNT and UTSW this cycle and can say they are very different from one another. There are only two one on one MMIs and a group exercise along with a writing portion. It is less interviewing time, however I preferred  it more since it is more about who you are as a person. Everyone has mixed reviews though, but that is my opinion! Just be yourself and relax! 

@Idamin there are three rooms you will go into and you get 8 minutes in each room, one is a behavioral question where you have to think back to when you did things like solve problems, accomplish something, help a friend, and things like that. There is a teamwork task that is unrealated to medicine, and a summary task. You also have 24 minutes of self assessment personality quiz and writing prompts that are also behavioral questions. Never was I asked why I want to be a PA or any of those type of questions. The campus tour is short, and you get a presentation of the program and faculty Q&A before everything. It was very laid back and a great program. Just try to stay calm and be confident in your answers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hhPAC said:

Congrats to everyone that got accepted!!! ? does anyone know how their waitlist works? Or how many people are on/ get accepted from the waitlist? 

I remember them saying at the interview that they utilize 10 or 20% of wait-list I think, I can't remember the exact percentage

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, soul92 said:

Hey everyone who got accepted. I was accepted at another school that is my number one choice. I have a really late interview November 10th, but am wondering if I should go. What is the security deposit when you accept? 

There is no initial deposit for accepting a spot in the future class. You don't really have anything to lose, so might as well check out this program because it is obviously a great school! 

• Like 1