Can any of the current students say how many interview dates UTMB had last year and how many applicants are in each interview round?  I know on average they interview about 280 to 300.

Based on the Characteristics of Accepted Students on the website (https://www.utmb.edu/som/physician-assistant/admissions-application), there were 228 people that were interviewed last year for 88 spots. If each interview has around 30 students, that equates to 7-8 interviews. Keep in mind some days have double interviews (morning and afternoon).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

On 10/1/2018 at 6:44 PM, N2018 said:

This happened to me. I still haven't received it. I called a week or so ago and asked someone ( not sure exactly who that was ) and she told me that she checked and I was under review, but she was unaware of the email I was talking about. I'm still confused by this because everyone is saying that they received this! 

I still haven't received a "under review" email as well and when I log into mystar it shows that my application is complete. I submitted my app beginning of June.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, darrentharris said:

I still haven't received a "under review" email as well and when I log into mystar it shows that my application is complete. I submitted my app beginning of June.

I don't think everyone gets an Under Review email. Probably depends on who reviews your application whether they send it or not. I never did get the Under Review email, but I did get an interview. And subsequently got in.

Probably be on the lookout for the Interview email rather than the Under Review one.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, abc2018 said:

I was wondering if theres already a facebook group for accepted students? 

There isn't. Not that I know of. But we need one

12 minutes ago, KrebsCycle said:

There isn't. Not that I know of. But we need one

When I interviewed Monday the students said one would be created around January 

• Upvote 1

Has anyone heard back from the 10/1 interview? I know it's early, but some people were notified 2 days after interviewing from a previous session. 

10 hours ago, NimiJain said:

Has anyone heard back from the 10/1 interview? I know it's early, but some people were notified 2 days after interviewing from a previous session. 

I haven't heard back yet

11 hours ago, NimiJain said:

Haven’t heard anything either. And now MyStar is down for maintenance.

• Upvote 1

This has probably been asked before, but what are everyone's thoughts on the accreditation probation situation here? 

11 hours ago, NimiJain said:

I haven't either!

I also just received an acceptance email!!! SO excited! ❤️ Congratulations all, and I can't wait to meet the rest of the class!

To those of you who may be discouraged--I only have 400 logged hours of PCE, and I am still lacking my anatomy and physiology prerequisites. I won't graduate with my degree until May. So don't give up hope!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, PAseeker2018 said:

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! What type of questions were asked during your interview? Were they traditional questions or similar to MMI style?

Traditional

Guest MPA21
4 hours ago, clowry16 said:

Anyone who got an under review email 8/30 receive an interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t heard anything yet

27 minutes ago, PAseeker2018 said:

For those of you who had AM interviews, what time did you finish?

Around 1pm. Interviews wrapped up at noon and then there was a 1 hour presentation of the program

3 hours ago, KrebsCycle said:

Around 1pm. Interviews wrapped up at noon and then there was a 1 hour presentation of the program

Do you have to stay for the presentation? 

13 hours ago, PAseeker2018 said:

Do you have to stay for the presentation? 

I don't think anyone would notice if you're not present. If it's a 2 groups day there will be about 60 applicants. I had a few reservations about the program and I found that somehow the presentation eased some of the worries, but I wish I had the presentation before the interview.

Oh yeah, it’s super easy to find. The building itself takes up the whole block, so you can’t miss it. If the room you’ll be gathering in is the same every time, it’s also very easy to find, a lecture hall to the left just inside the main entrance. They keep it freezing cold in there. Also there’s rain on the forecast this coming week, and Galveston streets like to flood, so be prepared!