Still have not heard anything from UTMB since I applied in mid July. I know my chances were low out of state but I wish they would atleast communicate. I thought I would officially know by now if I was rejected.

13 minutes ago, Hmhguy95 said:

Still have not heard anything from UTMB since I applied in mid July. I know my chances were low out of state but I wish they would atleast communicate. I thought I would officially know by now if I was rejected.

I applied a little bit earlier and I still haven’t heard anything and I live in Texas so you’re not the only one my friend. 

In the past rejections and wait lists were notified in early January.   November/December have usually been the last interviews.

2 hours ago, Hmhguy95 said:

Last year I submitted my application in July, didn't get any communication until January 8th, which was a rejection email. I'm pretty sure their last round of interviews will be 11/19 😔 

15 hours ago, ErikaIrene said:

Does anyone know when UTMB should send out rejections, waitlists and final acceptances? I remember from the interview that the class size freezes, so to speak, on June 1st. Hoping to hear back way before then!!

Last year I didn’t get my waitlist notification until the end of January and had interviewed mid October. I got the notification that the waitlist was closed in the beginning of June 

2 hours ago, utpa17 said:

Last year I didn’t get my waitlist notification until the end of January and had interviewed mid October. I got the notification that the waitlist was closed in the beginning of June 

We shall see! 

5 minutes ago, sophie said:

Is there a facebook group yet for the people that got accepted? if so could you please share the link 🙂

https://m.facebook.com/groups/340945403364432

This is not the official Facebook group (I believe that one will be created by the current students) but it is one for now so we can all contact and get to know each other. 

• Like 1

To the people who have been accepted to the program and accepted the offer, when y’all sent the last page signed to Ms Shirley, did y’all get a reply back? 

1 hour ago, leju02 said:

To the people who have been accepted to the program and accepted the offer, when y’all sent the last page signed to Ms Shirley, did y’all get a reply back? 

Yes, I received a reply the next day. When did you send it? Maybe their response is being delayed due to the holiday.

8 hours ago, CDLAPA said:

Yes, I received a reply the next day. When did you send it? Maybe their response is being delayed due to the holiday.

I never got a reply and that was back in October 

I did not get a reply but got a followup email recently saying it was not on file from one of the admins apparently it was never forwarded for whatever reason. 

4 hours ago, Texas2PA said:

I did not get a reply but got a followup email recently saying it was not on file from one of the admins apparently it was never forwarded for whatever reason. 

Did you email just to verify they got it and all is good? I was thinking of doing that since I never got a response but didn’t wana be annoying/rude

On 11/30/2018 at 5:54 PM, charmalarm said:

Did you email just to verify they got it and all is good? I was thinking of doing that since I never got a response but didn’t wana be annoying/rude

They actually emailed me that they did not have the signed paper on file. If you didn't receive an email I think you should be alright at long as you accepted electronically and paid the deposit. 

3 hours ago, futurepatx said:

Does anyone might have an idea of when orientation or the first day of classes will be?

Last year it was the last week of June if I read the handbook correctly

Does anyone might have an idea of when orientation or the first day of classes will be?

Classes started July 2. Orientation was the Thursday and Friday beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any current students have advice on how soon to find living, things you wish you knew in advance, what kind of clothes for school should I buy (is it business daily?). Or anything else that would’ve been helpful? TIA

• Like 1

Any current students have advice on how soon to find living, things you wish you knew in advance, what kind of clothes for school should I buy (is it business daily?). Or anything else that would’ve been helpful? TIA

Living: find roommates on the Facebook group. There’s a list of apartments and stuff that the older students provided us and that was helpful. My advice would be to live as close to campus as possible. I currently live about 15 minutes away and even that is a bit rough sometimes.

Clothes: business casual all day everyday. We were allowed to wear scrubs on the days we had Anatomy.

Parking: sign up for 4th floor garage parking ASAP! There’s also regular garage parking for $30/month and the parking people won’t tell you that’s an option. Parking isn’t bad in the summer, but it gets worse in the fall. The island floods anytime a drop of water falls from the sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1