UTMB 2018-2019 Admissions Cycle

Congratulations to those who have received interviews! Does anyone happen to have an idea if there is any correlation to the time that they received "under review" emails to eventually getting an invite? I got my under review a while ago, and am curious if anyone has any insight about whether they are going in order.

4 minutes ago, AAK30 said:

Congratulations to those who have received interviews! Does anyone happen to have an idea if there is any correlation to the time that they received "under review" emails to eventually getting an invite? I got my under review a while ago, and am curious if anyone has any insight about whether they are going in order.

I'm in the same boat as you. I got an under review email on 8/7. I do think they're going in order ?. The first set seemed to be under review emails on 8/7 and 8/8, the next set was 8/8, and this set seems to be 8/21. I'm seeing my chances for an interview diminish before my eyes. It's a little disheartening, but maybe I'm wrong.

For those who have received invites, did anyone have under 500 health care experience hours? How about under 1000? I know that's the weak point of my application, but I was hoping that my other stats could outweigh it.

20 minutes ago, ekatiel said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I got an under review email on 8/7. I do think they're going in order ?. The first set seemed to be under review emails on 8/7 and 8/8, the next set was 8/8, and this set seems to be 8/21. I'm seeing my chances for an interview diminish before my eyes. It's a little disheartening, but maybe I'm wrong.

For those who have received invites, did anyone have under 500 health care experience hours? How about under 1000? I know that's the weak point of my application, but I was hoping that my other stats could outweigh it.

If it makes you feel any better, I have heard of people getting Into UTMB with not a ton of PCE, so hang in there! Don’t be disheartened. It’ll come soon hopefully!!

5 hours ago, ekatiel said:

I total feel you, but don't be too disheartened yet. I just spent some time looking through last years forum, and while it did seem to mostly go in order, I did see a couple different people that had also received their under review email early on but didn't get an interview until later. Good luck to you on all your apps!

54 minutes ago, charmalarm said:

does anyone know how quickly they get back to students after an interview with an acceptance or decline? greatly appreciate any feedback ?

Since I just spent quite a bit of time on last years forum lol, I saw some people got accepted/rejected within a couple days after interviewing and some waited a few months before getting an answer.

Finally got an under review email today after being verified all the way back on June 1st! They seem to be very behind to my understanding. To those who were under review and later got interview invites, what was the turn-around time for that??? Congrats to those who got accepted, and good luck to those interviewing later! 

1 hour ago, Cblaze1 said:

Finally got an under review email today after being verified all the way back on June 1st! They seem to be very behind to my understanding. To those who were under review and later got interview invites, what was the turn-around time for that??? Congrats to those who got accepted, and good luck to those interviewing later! 

I was verified on 6/1 and I received my under review email on 8/21 and received an email to interview on 9/18. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2018 at 2:11 PM, aep22 said:

Interviewed 9/17 and got accepted today via email at 10am (9/19) and they followed up with a phone call this afternoon! Good luck to everyone!!! 

Just curious, the ones who have been accepted, did y’all interview in the morning or afternoon session? 

On 9/21/2018 at 9:26 AM, charmalarm said:

Anyone have insight on the group activity? I’m not asking what questions they ask, just kind of wondering if it’s like an ethical dilemma or we discuss a current event or something?

There is no group activity. Just two individual interviews. Now you can breath easy ?

Edited by KrebsCycle

16 hours ago, wannabepac said:

To the people who got accepted - what day specifically do you think the seat deposit is due? "5 business days from the date of this letter" is questionable to me!

@KrebsCycle @aep22

That pretty much the equivalent of 7 days. If you got your email on Wednesday then you have until next Tuesday to pay. That's how I interpret it.