Should I mention I was accepted to a PA school last cycle in my PS?

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum and I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere. I was accepted to (and planned to attend) a developing program last year that did not end up getting accredited. As a result, I am reapplying this to other programs this year. I am not applying to any of same schools as I did last application cycle. Do you think  that I should mention being a reapplicant/being previously accepted in my PS and list the ways I have improved my application since last year, or not mention that I am a reapplicant?

I want to show that I am committed to becoming a PA, but I don't want to raise eyebrows as to why this is my second time applying if it is not necessary. What do you guys think?

I feel like you should leave it out- being let into a brand new program with no history and no accreditation won't really impress the admissions committees of competitive programs, and maybe they'll read it the wrong way and think you might flake out if you're offered a spot. Just my thoughts though! 

Archived