How to Get Ready for PA School

Hey Brooklyn,

Congratulations! No easy feat getting into PA school. Honestly, there isn't much you can do to prepare. The things you'll need to Master are best done when following the plan laid out for you by PA faculty. Sounds cliche', but just enjoy the downtime while you have it.

If you're wanting to read up on some stuff despite knowing it probably won't make much of a difference, I highly recommend the 'Made Ridiculously Simple' series. Pretty light reading, nice overview on topics. Start with Pharmacology, Physiology and/or Anatomy book in that series.

All the best.

If you don’t have medical terminology already in your curiculum I would suggest studying that. Quizlet has some good lists that have already been made. If it doesn’t help during didactic, it will definitely come in handy during clinicals. As beattie228 states enjoy this time. Hang out with your loved ones, because that’s difficult during school. 

Agree with above. Get a medical terminology book if you don't already have one and do some light reading. Other than that, I would just sleep, hang out with friends/family, and enjoy your leisure time.

Not trying to scare you or anything but once you get the ball rolling it rolls faster and faster and you are going to be crunched for time. Enjoy your time off, get plenty PLENTY of sleep, and mentally prepare yourself. 

I am a week into my program, it's been an easy start, but that should change starting next week. Either way, you will be taught all you need to know in PA school. Also, we've been in contact with previous year's class through our facebook group and the one thing they all said was TO RELAX and enjoy your time with friends and family. They also said not to even think about picking up a book.

Archived