2018-2019 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Coffi025 said:

I’m applying this cycle! Hoping to apply by the first week of June! Does anyone know anyone with a lower GPA that was accepted to this program? Is that even considered early considering the rolling admissions?

I have a 3.48 cGPA and a 3.3 sGPA and I was put in the top tier of the waitlist this last cycle. I applied in August last year so I think that may have contributed to the waitlist since I interviewed at the last interview session

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rejection emailed. 

Dear XXXX ,

Thank you for your interest in the Physician Assistant program at Des Moines University. We have recently completed our review of your application for admission to the PA Class of 2021 and regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you an opportunity to interview.

There is really no way to lessen your disappointment because we realize your application represents not only your time and effort to gain admission, but also your academic and personal aspirations. However, we urge you to read further to gain a better understanding of the challenges we faced in making our decisions this year.

The majority of our applicants are candidates who have done well in demanding academic curricula and co-curricular activities. Because of the excellent qualifications of our applicants, our decisions were not reached quickly or effortlessly. In some cases we had to make very fine distinctions; the results simply reflect our best efforts. Admission decisions are based on our review of your overall academic work, work in the prerequisite courses, GRE results, letters of recommendation, personal statement, and experience in health care. There is rarely a single reason why an application is rejected and you should not interpret our action in any way to question your motivation for a career as a Physician Assistant. 

We are appreciative of the time and effort you put into your application and of your interest in our program.

Sincerely,

Katie Pearce
Assistant Director of Admission

38 minutes ago, cmaloney02 said:

Are they mainly replying by email here for the invites/rejections? Sorry, this is my first round applying!

Yes email for interviews, not sure about rejections since I got an invite the last two cycles and this cycle. I do know my rejection after my first interview was by email and my waitlist offer last year was by email. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, ConAJ67 said:

Hey everyone,

I submitted my application 6/8, was verified 6/13 and received an invite for an interview today (8/15). Have any others been extended an interview for an invite?

Wishing you all the best in this rigorous, tedious and exhausting process! 

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? If not I totally understand. I applied the end of May, but have not heard anything yet. Best of luck! 

26 minutes ago, PAtobe33 said:

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? If not I totally understand. I applied the end of May, but have not heard anything yet. Best of luck! 

Thank you!

For sure! I'm a reapplicant as well. 

sGPA 3.42

cGPA 3.73

GRE: Quant - 151, Verbal - 155, Analytical Writing - 5.0

Over 1,200 hours scribing in the ER and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation specialities with 200 of those being a Lead Scribe in the PM&R setting.

1,220 hours as a CNA.

500+ volunteer hours split up into: Youth Group setting (5 years total), tutoring children in Spanish at churches, and participating in a medical/mission internship abroad in Ecuador.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:59 PM, amaowens94 said:

Hello everyone! I just got accepted to the program! Anyone else heard anything yet?

Congrats @amaowens94! How quickly after your interview did you get your acceptance? How did they notify you - via email or telephone? I have my interview on 8/21 - yay!

1 hour ago, PrePA1246 said:

Congrats @amaowens94! How quickly after your interview did you get your acceptance? How did they notify you - via email or telephone? I have my interview on 8/21 - yay!

Hello! I had my interview on 8/7 and heard back this last Friday the 17th! They called me and told me about the acceptance. Good luck!

Archived