2018-2019 Application Cycle

35 minutes ago, sunny7788 said:

Congrats!! Was this via email???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot!! Yes, it was via email. They told me that my interview date was on the 28th and then told me to rsvp. I was given the option between morning and afternoon.  I chose the morning!!

• Like 1

Hey Guys!

Looking at previous cycles, it seems that they have about 2 interview sessions, one earlier on (9/28) and then one later October/early November. Then they re-evaluate if they need a third interview session. The last two years they sent out rejections along the way. Good luck to everyone who has received an interview! 

I received a rejection but I'm not too upset because I have other interviews. I emailed asking for feedback and got a this response:

Thank you so much for your email.

The Augsburg PA Program received a record number of applications for the 2018-2019 admissions cycle.  As one might imagine, the competition has never been more fierce.

That said, allow me to share information concerning ways to strengthen your application.

1) Direct patient care experience (type of experience and number of hours).  Some types of healthcare experience are more competitive than others   Please refer to our website for greater detail regarding what we recommend for direct patient care.
2) Strong recommendations from and/or shadow experience with PAs and other healthcare providers in the community

3) Communication skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both in writing and in speaking
4) Professionalism - maturity, level-headedness, sound critical decision-making, gracious attitude
5) Passion for Patient Care - self reflection about why you wish to become a PA
6) Connection to Minnesota and reflection on our mission statement
7) Extra courses in upper level sciences courses: genetics, immunology, pharmacology, cell biology, etc. are helpful
? Improving your academic performance.  As stated on our website, Augsburg PA requires a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and an overall science GPA of 3.0

• Like 1

It is tough to stay positive when you don't know where you stand. No rejection and No interview.

lol, I religiously scroll through my email every day to make sure I don't miss anything, but it gets harder as each day goes by.

Retaking classes I got B's in as a backup plan in case I don't get in this cycle, but I fear I might make things worse by getting B's.

2 hours ago, ethylenediamine1 said:

It is tough to stay positive when you don't know where you stand. No rejection and No interview.

lol, I religiously scroll through my email every day to make sure I don't miss anything, but it gets harder as each day goes by.

Retaking classes I got B's in as a backup plan in case I don't get in this cycle, but I fear I might make things worse by getting B's.

I’m in the same spot as you, if it makes you feel better! Lol

• Like 1

Don't lose hope! Some people get in to Augsburg and then decide later that they want to go somewhere else, even after paying the deposit which opens up more spots for people on the wait list. Sometimes it takes a couple years to get in, which can sometimes be a blessing (save up more money, get more experience, etc). Besides what is on the website and emails, I am not 100% sure what they look for in candidates. When I interviewed, they did it over the phone. I think it helps to show that you are humble, yet confident, and care about healthcare and the community...? Also including some unique features may help too. Message me if you have other questions!