2018-2019 Application Cycle

Guest Jameron
As in November is the only date they are doing interviews...? 

If that’s the case, I’m wondering why I haven’t received my rejection letter. 

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Jameron
As in November is the only date they are doing interviews...? 

If that’s the case, I’m wondering why I haven’t received my rejection letter. 

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, CaitAK said:

I received an interview invitation for November 9th. Submitted early July and received the e-mail today. 
Is there a recommendable hotel or hostel close to campus? 

You may want to ask Augsburg if they have any affiliation to any accommodation nearby. The Courtyard by Marriot on Washington Ave and 15th Ave. has a discount for University of MN affiliates. So perhaps you can ask them if they have a similar discount for Augsburg if you do decide to stay there. The University of MN is very close to Augsburg. The train is free to take if you are going within the U's campus (Stadium village, East Bank Station and West bank station). The closest train station to Augsburg would be the west bank. You can see it at metrotransit.org  There are more accommodation options on the east bank and stadium village. If you do stay at a hotel you should also ask if they have an airport shuttle if you are flying in. Otherwise, you don't really need a car since you can take the train to the airport. 

1 hour ago, ethylenediamine1 said:

Got my rejection email today at 11am. 

My stat: GPA 3.3

PCE : > 7000

Shadowed : 2 PA's for a total of (40 hours)

Volunteering hours : < 100 hrs

red flags: 5w's,  D in biogeography , B- in  genetics, physiology, low GPA.

NEXT STEP? volunteer more, show more PA's , retake genetics and physiology. Most importantly staying positive.

Your positive attitude is so motivating. Good luck with your future applications!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, idau85 said:

You may want to ask Augsburg if they have any affiliation to any accommodation nearby. The Courtyard by Marriot on Washington Ave and 15th Ave. has a discount for University of MN affiliates. So perhaps you can ask them if they have a similar discount for Augsburg if you do decide to stay there. The University of MN is very close to Augsburg. The train is free to take if you are going within the U's campus (Stadium village, East Bank Station and West bank station). The closest train station to Augsburg would be the west bank. You can see it at metrotransit.org  There are more accommodation options on the east bank and stadium village. If you do stay at a hotel you should also ask if they have an airport shuttle if you are flying in. Otherwise, you don't really need a car since you can take the train to the airport. 

Thank you so much for the travel tips and advice. I secured an Airbnb on Almond Ave, close to the State Fairground, with public transportation every 30 minutes. Yay!
I am staying for 4 days to explore more of the city and surrounding area. This will certainly be an adventure. 
Thanks again for your response ?

Does anyone know if the class (33 spots) have been filled yet? I received an invite to interview for 11/9 and it's the last interview that Augsburg will conduct. I had international travel plans to visit a family member in hospice, and will have to make significant changes if I want to interview. I know that other schools tend to have interviews for spots on their wait list/alternate list even when all the spots have been offered to other applicants. I just didn't know if Augsburg does the same. 

I was invited to interview for November 9th, but I won't be going to interview. Good luck to those who are. I hope someone who is still waiting will get my interview slots. I did email Augsburg and was told they still have slots. From what I gathered from this forum there is a slim chance though for an actual seat offering, since 30 spots have been filled already (previous post from this forum). The November 9th interview will be the last interview they have for this cycle. I had a feeling that this interview would be for spots on their alternate/wait list. Last year I interviewed at another school during their last interview session and a majority of individuals interviewed were put on the wait list, me being one of them. I have until October 18th at midnight to RSVP, so someone should be hearing this week to take over at least one interview spots. Good luck!

15 hours ago, llamagal said:

How do you figure 30 spots have been filled in the class already? 

After posting on this forum for help. One user from the first group of the interview said 30 spots were already confirmed via a welcome email. Online it said their class size is 33, hence I concluded that there is only a handful of spots left. This is my second time applying overall for PA school and first for Augsburg. Last year I was the last group to interview at another school and was waitlisted, the same with many individuals I interviewed with. Each school is different though. This is just my personal experience. This application cycle I interviewed at three schools and have an acceptance already, hence this is another factor why I chose to forgo my invitation as well. With an acceptance, I start PA school in January.