Received a call yesterday that I have been accepted!! I applied to the dual program so ill be in the PA class of 2022! Congratulations everyone!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Are interviews still going on? 

I’m pretty sure they said their last interviews were last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, PrePAHL said:

I’m pretty sure they said their last interviews were last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! ? 

Guest kennedysa

Does anyone know how alternates are notified- phone or email? Any other info about the alternate list would be appreciated. I'm just over here waiting! 

Edited by kennedysa

On 10/22/2018 at 9:32 PM, kennedysa said:

Does anyone know how alternates are notified- phone or email? Any other info about the alternate list would be appreciated. I'm just over here waiting! 

I remember they said any position would be notified by phone (waitlist, acceptance, or rejection). I got a call on Monday about my acceptance, so hopefully they should be sorting out their lists!

• Like 1

Hi all! I was (unfortunately) waitlisted this year, but I was wondering any one knew what the stats were regarding waitlist. If I’m remembering correctly, last year they took four off the wait list, and the year before they took 10. Does anyone know for sure or have a better estimate?

thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hey all!

I wanted to update those on the alternate list. I know I kept checking the forums to for updates, so hopefully some of you see this. I was called and offered a spot off the alternate list a few days ago; however, I declined because I got into another great school closer to home on the west coast. I was number 3 on the alternate list, so they're slowly working their way through the list. Last year I think they moved down to numbers 6-8? maybe to 10? For those of you still waiting, good luck! There's still hope!

• Like 1

Has anyone started a Facebook group? I'm starting to look at apartments and it would be nice to know who else in the class is looking for roommates! 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Terry said:

Has anyone started a Facebook group? I'm starting to look at apartments and it would be nice to know who else in the class is looking for roommates! 

Excellent question/idea!

• Upvote 1

Hey just wanted to throw out there that I was offered a spot off the waitlist last week. I declined, but was in the 11-20 range, so sounds like there may be a spot/s still available. 

Edited by Paperbae

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By plantmom
      Looking for help brainstorming thoughtful questions in order to get application feedback - besides "how can I make my application stronger?". There is always room for improvement, just looking for the right questions to ask. 
    • By Stressedanddepressed
      Hello everyone, I am currently in my second semester of my didactic year. I struggled so much my first semester and ended up having to remediate one class. I feel like I retained nothing from my first semester and can barely recall things. I get so anxious everyday over my future . I have no idea how to face my family if I do fail. Also it would really crush me because this is what I've been working towards for the past 3 years since I graduated high school.  Compared to my other classmates I feel like I know the least. Living in fear everyday is really getting to me emotionally and I don't know what to do.
    • By magboo
      So I finally got a job at my dream hospital!! I am currently working there as a Patient Care Technician/ PCT. However, I will be leaving for PA school next year. I really want to return to this hospital and work as a PA! The problem is that getting a job at my hospital is super competitive. Is there a way for me to ensure/ increase my chances of getting a PA job in this facility in the future?

(Also, what do you guys think of requesting a absense of leave instead of quitting? Can I be able to come back to the hospital to pursue a higher position?)

Thanks in advance!
    • By chloepilgrim
      Hi There,
      I am in the process of a career switch and I was wondering what everyone thought my chances are of getting into a PA program.
      I graduated undergrad with a BA in psychology and a BS in neuroscience. In undergrad, I tutored Biology for a year. 
      My cumulative GPA was 3.5 and science GPA is 3.1 (I got C's organic chemistry + lab, and biochemistry + lab)
      I thought I wanted to become a researcher and so I entered a Neuroscience PhD program. Though after a year I decided I wanted to pursue a clinical route (research is too lonely) and switched into a Pharmacology Masters Program. I graduated with a graduate GPA of 3.2 and have taken classes such as physiology, gross anatomy (cadaver dissection) lotssss of pharmacology classes, neuroscience/psychology courses, and a very intense Neurology course alongside medical students.
      I also graduated with 5.5 years of research experience and a thesis that is *hopefully* going to be published.
      I am currently a medical assistant and plan on doing about 3000 patient contact hours before applying to PA school. I was wondering what the chances are of me getting into a PA program even though my graduate GPA is quite low and my undergraduate science GPA is also low.
      Thanks
    • By wallsmp
      I thought I’d start this since I didn’t see any posts about this application cycle yet. Has anyone heard back besides the normal “we received your application” email?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More