2018-2019 Application cycle

2 minutes ago, Drobin21 said:

I don't mind at all.

3.4 cGPA    4.0 bcpGPA    302 GRE

I had a 1.5 GPA my freshman year, 4.0 the rest of the time.

1500 patient care hours as a PT aide.

7500 volunteer hours with the special Olympics

5 year Army active duty infantryman veteran.

Those seem like such incredible stats. I'm not sure why this was considered a reach program for you, so I'm sorry you didn't get in ❤️

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I got my rejection letter today. I am a first time applicant. 

overall GPA: 3.83  bcp: 3.81

GRE: 319

Patient Care Hours: 1000 as PCA and 2000 as CNA

Shadowing: 120 hours with 3 different PAs

lots of volunteer hours in college and currently volunteer at least once a week

Good luck guys! 

On 5/23/2018 at 10:42 AM, marissajanel said:

I tried to post a screenshot but it won’t let me! That’s what I thought as well. I’m sure a lot will get weeded out.

That's so crazy! Did it mention that on the CASPA portal after you submitted your application or on an email from the school?

20 hours ago, PAPursuit said:

For those who have received interview invites, what were your stats? If you don’t mind sharing? 

My stats were:

• cGPA= 3.52
  • bcpGPA=3.26
  • GRE= 304 writing=4.0
  • PCE= ~6000 (EEG/IONM technician) plus about 4200 healthcare hours (medical testing laboratory)
  • Lots of different types of volunteer hours.

Honestly, I think it was more my personal statements and healthcare experience that got me an interview here. Keep your chin up if you don't have stellar GPAs!

5 hours ago, kylie93 said:

My stats were:

• cGPA= 3.52
  • bcpGPA=3.26
  • GRE= 304 writing=4.0
  • PCE= ~6000 (EEG/IONM technician) plus about 4200 healthcare hours (medical testing laboratory)
  • Lots of different types of volunteer hours.

Honestly, I think it was more my personal statements and healthcare experience that got me an interview here. Keep your chin up if you don't have stellar GPAs!

I definitely agree.  My stats are pretty similar (GPA ~3.4, GRE - 309, Writing - 4.0, PCE ~15,000 as an athletic trainer, Various shadowing settings and volunteer hours).

I spent a ton of time on my supplemental essay, making sure to speak to my passion and what is specifically appealing about Emory.

On 6/13/2018 at 6:20 PM, sampsonite06 said:

Submitted on May 20th. Received the application complete email on the 21st. Received the "3-7 days" email on June 1st.

I am also applying to Emory! My CASPA was verified on 6/21 and I received the “Thank you for your interest in our program, etc” email on 6/22. The emails that you are referring to - will I be receiving another email from them that my application is complete? And then possibly the “3-7 days” email? I keep reading a lot of posts about the “verified” and “3-7 days” email and just curious! Thank you!

16 hours ago, BlytheLanier said:

I am also applying to Emory! My CASPA was verified on 6/21 and I received the “Thank you for your interest in our program, etc” email on 6/22. The emails that you are referring to - will I be receiving another email from them that my application is complete? And then possibly the “3-7 days” email? I keep reading a lot of posts about the “verified” and “3-7 days” email and just curious! Thank you!

Nope the application complete and 3-7 days were in the same email.

I submitted CASPA and was verified June 1 but GRE scores weren’t accepted by CASPA until June 6.

June 14 I received an email that said to allow for 7-14days for processing... is this what you’re talking about?

Also has anyone else heard anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, ballerina said:

I submitted CASPA and was verified June 1 but GRE scores weren’t accepted by CASPA until June 6.

June 14 I received an email that said to allow for 7-14days for processing... is this what you’re talking about?

Also has anyone else heard anything?

Yes I actually received my email today regarding 7-14 days processing time! So my question has been answered. Good luck!

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:08 AM, brittany16220 said:

Also applied to Emory! Got my 7-14 day email - today is Day 14. Just got an email saying I will be offered an interview and they’ll contact me later in the Summer to schedule it!!! So excited!!!!!

Yay congrats!! I got that email too!!!

Archived