19 hours ago, PAPursuit said:

What are your stats if i May ask?

No problem at all!

CASPA verified GPA: 3.3

GRE: 306

PCE hrs: 6800

Volunteer hrs: 1200

Shadowing hrs: 90

I'm a second-time applicant. The first time around, I used a dramatic story in my personal narrative, this cycle I wrote from the heart. That, plus my supplemental essays, improved dramatically in regards to who I am and how I want to make an impact as a PA!

Hope this helps! Good luck to all!!

On 6/13/2018 at 3:16 PM, bbturner said:

Unfortunately, I got my rejection letter today. I am a first time applicant. 

overall GPA: 3.83  bcp: 3.81

GRE: 319

Patient Care Hours: 1000 as PCA and 2000 as CNA

Shadowing: 120 hours with 3 different PAs

lots of volunteer hours in college and currently volunteer at least once a week

Good luck guys! 

Did you receive an email or physical letter?

14 hours ago, KrebsCycle said:

I'm looking for suggestions too. They do ask us to be concise. 200 words? 300 words?

I'm unsure if I'm a good person to ask as I haven't yet received an invitation to interview or a rejection, but mine was approximately 2500 characters. I tried to go by an average of other school guidelines for supplemental essays, and wrote from the heart.

Hey guys,

I just got the email today for an interview invite!

This is my 3rd time applying to PA schools and I was able to bring my 2.57 GPA undergrad to a 3.3 cumulative over the last 4 years. There's always hope for low GPAs if you're willing to put work in. I think my supplemental apps and over 6 years in EMS really helped me out.

Congratulations to everyone who has received good news so far and good luck to those still waiting!

26 minutes ago, Tsu89 said:

Hey guys,

I just got the email today for an interview invite!

This is my 3rd time applying to PA schools and I was able to bring my 2.57 GPA undergrad to a 3.3 cumulative over the last 4 years. There's always hope for low GPAs if you're willing to put work in. I think my supplemental apps and over 6 years in EMS really helped me out.

Congratulations to everyone who has received good news so far and good luck to those still waiting!

Can you post your timeline for this cycle, please?

1 hour ago, KrebsCycle said:

Can you post your timeline for this cycle, please?

I submitted my CASPA application on 5/31

Coursework was verified by CASPA on 6/1

It took a couple of days for Emory to received my GRE scores, which were accepted by them on 6/6

I received an email from Emory saying my application was complete on 6/15, and I got a email saying they will be inviting me in for an interview this morning! (7/10).

After I have submitted my CASPA to Emory on July 9th and I received the email below on July 10th. It says nothing about waiting 7-14 days. Am I supposed to receive another email that says application complete? I have paid my fee and submitted GRE before I submitted CASPA. 

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the Emory University PA Program.  We have received your application from CASPA.  A completed application consists of:

Competitive applicants will be invited for personal interviews during August 2018- October 2018.

We are delighted that you have chosen to apply to Emory and look forward to review of your application.  We wish you the very best in your pursuit of becoming a Physician Assistant.

After I have submitted my CASPA to Emory on July 9th and I received the email below on July 10th. It says nothing about waiting 7-14 days. Am I supposed to receive another email that says application complete? I have paid my fee and submitted GRE before I submitted CASPA. 

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the Emory University PA Program.  We have received your application from CASPA.  A completed application consists of:

Competitive applicants will be invited for personal interviews during August 2018- October 2018.

We are delighted that you have chosen to apply to Emory and look forward to review of your application.  We wish you the very best in your pursuit of becoming a Physician Assistant.

Yes it is different. I got my 7-14 day email exactly a week after I got that above email! No worries! Time moves so slow when we’re expecting hopeful news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, dani021 said:
  • CASPA verified: 7/6
  • CASPA application received email: 7/9
  • Application complete email: 7/16
  • Denied: 7/18

For anyone interested my stats are:

• cGPA: 3.87
  • bcpGPA: 3.89
  • ~17-18k hrs PCE
  • 306 GRE, 4.5 W

Good luck to everyone else!!

These are amazing stats. You didn't get an interview?!

Do you mind sharing what area your PCEs are?

15 minutes ago, KrebsCycle said:

These are amazing stats. You didn't get an interview?!

Do you mind sharing what area your PCEs are?

Thanks ?  but no interview unfortunately!  My PCE was mainly as an ophthalmic photographer/tech and some HCE working as a scribe.  I also did a lot of work with patients involved in clinical research.

I did try to diversify my experience by volunteering/shadowing at a local hospital in the main OR & ICU and shadowed in various oncology specialities. Not sure if having all specialized medicine was a red flag since I didn't have any experience in primary care.

Does anyone by chance know how they see that you've paid the supplemental application fee? When I paid it, it just asked my name and no number. Thankfully my name is on the more unique side, but has anyone had a problem with that part of it?

6 minutes ago, HMB said:

Does anyone by chance know how they see that you've paid the supplemental application fee? When I paid it, it just asked my name and no number. Thankfully my name is on the more unique side, but has anyone had a problem with that part of it?

I had to put in name and CASPA ID. That's how I remember. Look at your receipt

Hi guys!

I'm about to submit my application (just waiting on one more eval to come through!). I was wondering how you guys felt about answering the religious preference question on the supplemental? I haven't seen that with other programs I'm applying to and I thought that was a little unusual.

Thanks and good luck!

57 minutes ago, Nat15 said:

Hi guys!

I'm about to submit my application (just waiting on one more eval to come through!). I was wondering how you guys felt about answering the religious preference question on the supplemental? I haven't seen that with other programs I'm applying to and I thought that was a little unusual.

Thanks and good luck!

I answered truthfully. In my case, none. 

I'm thinking of it  same way as they ask patients at the hospital. In case of emergency, do they need to call a priest for you? Right along with emergency contact.

1 minute ago, KrebsCycle said:

I answered truthfully. In my case, none. 

I'm thinking of it  same way as they ask patients at the hospital. In case of emergency, do they need to call a priest for you? Right along with emergency contact.

That's interesting...Thanks!

Archived