• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, tinagoestoPAschool said:

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to hear back from them if you weren't one of the few early acceptances the week of the interview?

I heard from current students that you can hear back a few days after to weeks or months after your interview. So it's pretty spread out. I'm in the same boat, interviewed Oct 1st and waiting to hear back!

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 8:25 AM, Hopeful2018 said:

Enter every room with a clear mind, you never know what the next question is. They were all scattered, there’s no trend, this is litterally why no one tells you to focus on one specific thing lol, I will say you won’t need to prepare for any particular subject.

Thank you, I appreciate the advice!

I read one post that went something like “I prepared heavily with the history of the school, history of the PA, etc etc etc. nothing helped, it was better to go in with a good night sleep and ready to answer a question as if you’re having a conversation with a friend.” That was the best advice I’ve seen about MMIs. One question could be like a patient requests an extra nights stay, they are cleared to be discharged and patients are waiting for a room, but they are adamant that they would feel better with one more nights stay, what do you tell them?

Just to be clear, I just made this question up myself, it in no way reflects any questions I was asked, or heard of, but it is a great example of the style of questions asked. Questions with no right answer basically.

Edited by Hopeful2018

On 10/27/2018 at 1:00 AM, rabothe3 said:

Is anybody still waiting on a verdict from UTHSCSA? My app went under review by faculty on 7/17 and I have not heard anything since that email.

Congrats to all those that got accepted!

I am still waiting to hear something and the last email I received said mine was "still in review" on 7/19.  I believe there is one more round of invites going out for the last interview in December.  It seems like they go out about a month in advance and are typically sent on a Wednesday.  I'm guessing they will be sent out this week or next, but we will see.  Good luck!

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:05 AM, lgg99 said:

I am still waiting to hear something and the last email I received said mine was "still in review" on 7/19.  I believe there is one more round of invites going out for the last interview in December.  It seems like they go out about a month in advance and are typically sent on a Wednesday.  I'm guessing they will be sent out this week or next, but we will see.  Good luck!

noted, thanks for the info! just making sure I was not the only one

Congrats to those accepted!!! For those of you still waiting.. DON'T give up hope! Sometimes acceptances come fast and sometimes slow. Usually before the next interview they might send out calls (from past experience). Don't sweat it, you made it this far, only good things are waiting for you. Even if you don't get in this year, there is a big chance of getting acceptance next cycle (my experience!!). 

Goodluck to everyone!  

• Like 1