PENNSYLVANIA: TEMPLE (LKSOM) 2018-2019

On 8/23/2018 at 10:12 AM, PrePA94 said:

Awesome!! So for the 1:1 interview, did they talk to you about your individual application? Thank you So much btw!!

So the setup is the following;

1) Presentation that informs you all about the program, the school, etc

2) Two different faculty members in 1-on-1 interviews.

a)They did bring up topics regarding my application, but one was less focused on that and another asked more questions revolved around the application. I dont think its necessarily formulaic, just the individual's style to asses you. There was some overlap between the candidates having the same interviewer but also no overlap at all (i.e. of the 8 other candidates, 3 of us had one interviewer that was the same , but I didnt interview at all with other faculty that were doing interviews).

b)They also asked the typical PA questions you find on those lists when you google PA interview questions

c) So its very typical of most interviews. No surprises and they just want to get to know you.

3) A portion of your day is MMI/patient simulation stations. 

4) Tour of campus with  Temple PA students and then lunch.

Of course prepare in anyway you can, but dont freak out too much.Everyone involved in the interview day was very welcoming and kind.

Good luck!

Edited by OwlKing
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, PrePA94 said:

Awesome!! So for the 1:1 interview, did they talk to you about your individual application? Thank you So much btw!!

They asked a lot of standard questions, but I didn't get the impression that my interviewers had even seen my individual application. They seemed surprised when I mentioned my main experiences and didn't seem familiar with me as an applicant. I'm not sure if that's a reflection on their process or on my interviewers. Nevertheless, I would recommend thinking of stories you want to highlight and using them to respond to common questions!

I should throw in a disclaimer that I was coming off an acceptance to my dream school, so I'm being hypercritical of Temple by comparison. That said, I found Temple to be pretty disinterested in me as an applicant and noticeably disorganized compared to all the other interviews I've been to. Anyway, please take my Eeyore opinions with a grain (or a whole shaker) of salt!! Hopefully the process goes smoother on your day and you have a much more positive impression! We heard from the class ahead of us that most people in their interview days got accepted, so it sounds like just getting offered an interview is a huge step forward for you! Best of luck. ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 11:37 AM, NickL84 said:

I’m guessing no one has heard anything yet from the first interview? I know they said two weeks by mail, which coincidentally fell on a holiday, so I guess there’s no reason to be concerned.... but I expected a decision by now 

Well I am glad to hear I was not the only one! I have not received an email or a physical letter either.

I am wondering if they got busy with their audit results they said they were expecting a week or two after that first interview date  i.e  unable to expand the number of seats they hoped for, and thus reassessing their interview/selection strategy?.....and hopefully nothing worse than that regarding accreditation !..... I think i recall the director mentioning in her presentation that the worst they would possibly get is probation status and at best full accreditation ( dont quote me on that, I dont have my notes with me).

Edited by SomosPAPAya

I was accepted into this program with these stats: GPA 3.4, GRE 309 writing 4.5, PCT hours about 3000

Goes to prove that Temple is interested in you as a person, not necessarily by a set of numbers.

As long as your application can be submitted before the deadline (don’t forget it takes weeks to process the application), I would encourage you to go for it. Don’t hold back. You got this!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 6:24 PM, nichole96 said:

They asked a lot of standard questions, but I didn't get the impression that my interviewers had even seen my individual application. They seemed surprised when I mentioned my main experiences and didn't seem familiar with me as an applicant. I'm not sure if that's a reflection on their process or on my interviewers. Nevertheless, I would recommend thinking of stories you want to highlight and using them to respond to common questions!

I should throw in a disclaimer that I was coming off an acceptance to my dream school, so I'm being hypercritical of Temple by comparison. That said, I found Temple to be pretty disinterested in me as an applicant and noticeably disorganized compared to all the other interviews I've been to. Anyway, please take my Eeyore opinions with a grain (or a whole shaker) of salt!! Hopefully the process goes smoother on your day and you have a much more positive impression! We heard from the class ahead of us that most people in their interview days got accepted, so it sounds like just getting offered an interview is a huge step forward for you! Best of luck. ?

Huh....that's so weird. I had the complete opposite experience! I felt like the faculty members I interviewed with had a decent grasp of who I was as a candidate (one of them actually had my info printed out!) and we had really great conversations that just really helped me relax into the day. I felt like they really got to know me as a person and not just a student. I really love the school (the facilities are beautiful!!) and the student tour guides were awesome. They were really authentic and helped give us a really realistic picture of what life is like as a PA student at Temple. 

4 hours ago, sunny7788 said:

Congrats!!! Can you share your stats if you don’t mind? Also for those who also got accepted into this cohort, if you don’t mind Sharing as well???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My overall GPA is a 3.85, science GPA is a 3.68, GRE was 314 with a 4.5 writing and 1,500+ hours as a CNA/international medical volunteer. I submitted my application on July 18th