Applying for my first Job

I have two main questions,

1) I graduate in December, can I start applying now?

2) Is it okay to apply for jobs that require X amount of experience (eg. 2 years clinical, experienced in X procedure)? I figure the worst they do is say "no", but maybe they really need to fill that position and no one else has applied.

2a) Will I get black-balled if I apply without meeting requirements? 

1. You should wait until september or october at the earliest, most places wont be willing to wait to fill their position for close to a year, and likely won’t entertain your application.

2. Yes you can apply, you probably won’t have much luck, but you never know. I doubt you would be blackballed. 

Apply.  I started applying 5-6 months out from graduation, realistically 8 months out from being able to start with licensing.  Some were willing to interview, some wanted someone to start sooner.  No way to tell who is willing to wait for the right candidate.  Can't hurt to apply.  Same goes for wanting X years of experience.  It deterred me because I didn't want to waste my time but was still considered despite my new grad status to the ones I did apply for.

I even had some I applied to, was immediately rejected from (likely due to distant start date) and reapplied a few months later and now my app is being considered.  Apparently didn't get me blackballed at all.

3 hours ago, MT2PA said:

Apply.  I started applying 5-6 months out from graduation, realistically 8 months out from being able to start with licensing.  Some were willing to interview, some wanted someone to start sooner.  No way to tell who is willing to wait for the right candidate.  Can't hurt to apply.  Same goes for wanting X years of experience.  It deterred me because I didn't want to waste my time but was still considered despite my new grad status to the ones I did apply for.

I even had some I applied to, was immediately rejected from (likely due to distant start date) and reapplied a few months later and now my app is being considered.  Apparently didn't get me blackballed at all.

This is how I pictured the situation, thanks for the affirmation 

Archived