2018-2019 Application Cycle

Most likely y’all would September interviews. The interview group was very small, maybe 15-20 of us. They told us anywhere from one week to 2 months to respond. They will let us know when the committee has a decision. 

13 hours ago, samweres said:

Verified by Drexel 7/27, still waiting too. I feel like this of us submitting in July will be the next round to get called for interviews once the 8/16 interviews hear back maybe?! Just trying to stay positive!

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

Has anyone else who applied earlier received rejections? I was verified 5/18 and it's been radio silence since the acknowledgment email on 5/22. Starting to wonder if they'll determine my fate soon or not since they are rolling.... at this point I'd just like to know haha!

They say follow up with them on their website if you don’t hear back from them within 4 weeks of acknowledgment email. 

58 minutes ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

Where does it say that? I can't seem to find that.

Once your application has reached "verified" status, Drexel has received it electronically. Please do not contact Drexel for a status update until at least four weeks from the verified date.This will give Drexel time to begin processing your application.

18 minutes ago, Kam1373 said:

Once your application has reached "verified" status, Drexel has received it electronically. Please do not contact Drexel for a status update until at least four weeks from the verified date.This will give Drexel time to begin processing your application.

Thank you!! I emailed, will keep everyone posted on what they say!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

Just received a response, which says is "Your application is still in the review process." Along with some thanks for my interest. 3 months..... interesting for sure.

I thought they look at apps based on when we’ve submitted them..hmm that is interesting. They haven’t replied back to me yet. 

27 minutes ago, PAschoollove said:

I thought they look at apps based on when we’ve submitted them..hmm that is interesting. They haven’t replied back to me yet. 

Yeah, it's a touch strange since they are rolling admissions and say so on the website. Maybe I didn't make the cut but I'm not totally out yet and they're waiting to see if they get better applicants before the deadline. Which is no longer rolling admissions in my opinion but the wait continues! No news is still better than a rejection!

25 minutes ago, whitecoatrosegold said:

Yeah, it's a touch strange since they are rolling admissions and say so on the website. Maybe I didn't make the cut but I'm not totally out yet and they're waiting to see if they get better applicants before the deadline. Which is no longer rolling admissions in my opinion but the wait continues! No news is still better than a rejection!

I agree! I applied a little after you and I haven’t heard anything either. Praying we will hear something soon. ??

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!  I applied and was verified around July 9.  I received an email from there August 28 that ended up in my spam folder.  Header was something along the lines about a decision had been made on my application.  I had to login to the site to get the official rejection notice.  I knew based on the first acknowledgment email that I was not going to get in due to a C+ in Gen Chem I and I was not planning on retaking the course but I just let things play out.  So, for those of you guys who haven't heard anything, first check your Spam folders.  If you haven't heard anything, you are very likely still in the running!  Stay hopeful ? Best of luck to everyone!

• Upvote 2

Hey so I am trying to email Drexel to ask for an application update. So I emailed PAadmissions@drexel.edu and i got an automatic reply with FAQ’s and at the bottom it said if you have any other questions to contact the sender of the message “Martha Davis” but no separate email or contact info. So I am wondering if they received my email and will respond but they always send that automatic email or am i missing something? Is there another email i should send this inquiry to? If you emailed and got a response back please let me know!

4 minutes ago, samweres said:

Hey so I am trying to email Drexel to ask for an application update. So I emailed PAadmissions@drexel.edu and i got an automatic reply with FAQ’s and at the bottom it said if you have any other questions to contact the sender of the message “Martha Davis” but no separate email or contact info. So I am wondering if they received my email and will respond but they always send that automatic email or am i missing something? Is there another email i should send this inquiry to? If you emailed and got a response back please let me know!

Hey, I emailed PAadmissions@drexel.edu and received the same automated email and then I received a separate response a few days later saying my app was still under review. So don't worry you should receive a separate email shortly!!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, samweres said:

That happened to me as well! I also got a separate email stating that my app was still under review just like @jontorre mentioned above! ? 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, thepadiaries said:

I also reached out to them about a status update on my application and got the same email from Martha Davis about my application still being under review and a thank you for my interest in their program. I was verified June 10th and submitted the same day. 

Thanks for including your verification date. Their "rolling admissions" policy seems like it's lagging behind this year (though I didn't submit until 8/1)

Hi everyone! I'm a member of the class of 2019 - congrats to all applicants! What an exciting time!! 

1. If anyone has any questions - feel free to reach out. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. 

2. If you've been accepted & have decided to come to Drexel, please join the Class of 2021 Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1918066358232564/ (Drexel University Physician Assistant Class of 2021)

Thanks and good luck!

18 hours ago, jbonet13 said:

anyone from the 8/16 interview hear back? They said 3-4 weeks right?

From the trend of June and last year interviews (based on the forums) it seems 3-4 weeks is reasonable. I would lean on the 4 weeks side because that’s what happened with June interviews. I haven’t heard anything yet either.