2018-2019 Application Cycle

11 minutes ago, sjleach said:

I just got an email letting me know that interview slots are full through the fall, but that if slots open up in the winter they'll reach out. I've been verified since May.

Yeah got the same email, doesn't seem very promising but it's better than a full on rejection email.

Just received an email on Friday stating that all fall interview dates are full. However, it also states that my application is still being considered for possible winter interview dates, if the opportunity arises. Soooo not BAD news, right??? Just to give an idea: I was CASPA verified July 24, I received receipt of application from Drexel on July 27.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel super fortunate to have been offered an interview, but I will be turning it down since I have been accepted to my first choice program. Congrats to those who have already been accepted and good luck to everyone waiting to hear! The process is tough, but it will eventually all be worth it!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 5:47 AM, jaiPA said:

For those that have interviewed with the program, how was the interview? 

Hi! I interviewed 6/28. It was very laid back, especially compared to other interviews I have attended since. You arrive around 8:30am (but nearly everyone was at least 15 minutes early) and do some introductions to the faculty and staff members who are conducting the interview. I think we did the writing sample next, which only took 20-30 mins. Then, they call you one at a time for individual interviews with 2 faculty members (one person is actually answering questions and talking to you, the other is a scribe). Time was kind of a blur, but I would estimate it was about a 30 minute interview. I felt like it was very conversational and laid back. I felt very comfortable and think they value getting to know you as a person. While others are interviewing, you sit with the other applicants, some students, and staff members and chat/ask questions about the program. There was definitely a lot of down time at this interview (I think we sat for 2-3 hours while the interview process went on), but it was nice to break the ice with other applicants and get to know the program better. Then, you get a lunch with Dr. Auth (the program director) who is super friendly and clearly loves his job. Current students sit in on lunch and answer questions too. Then, we took a tour guided by current students, had a program overview session, and were dismissed for the day. I think I was done around 3/3:30pm. Overall, it was super laid back and the most comfortable/conversational interview I've had so far. Hope this helps! Best of luck!

1 hour ago, sam721 said:

Hi! I interviewed 6/28. It was very laid back, especially compared to other interviews I have attended since. You arrive around 8:30am (but nearly everyone was at least 15 minutes early) and do some introductions to the faculty and staff members who are conducting the interview. I think we did the writing sample next, which only took 20-30 mins. Then, they call you one at a time for individual interviews with 2 faculty members (one person is actually answering questions and talking to you, the other is a scribe). Time was kind of a blur, but I would estimate it was about a 30 minute interview. I felt like it was very conversational and laid back. I felt very comfortable and think they value getting to know you as a person. While others are interviewing, you sit with the other applicants, some students, and staff members and chat/ask questions about the program. There was definitely a lot of down time at this interview (I think we sat for 2-3 hours while the interview process went on), but it was nice to break the ice with other applicants and get to know the program better. Then, you get a lunch with Dr. Auth (the program director) who is super friendly and clearly loves his job. Current students sit in on lunch and answer questions too. Then, we took a tour guided by current students, had a program overview session, and were dismissed for the day. I think I was done around 3/3:30pm. Overall, it was super laid back and the most comfortable/conversational interview I've had so far. Hope this helps! Best of luck!

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, jaiPA said:

Thank you! 

I agree the program seemed amazing!! The interview itself was the most amazing laid back interview I’ve ever been to, ( about 5 total ) they had some standard questions that they HAD to ask such as behavioral type questions ( google them if u don’t know what they are) but other than that they really just want to know why u want to be a PA and what your future aspirations are as a PA. They want to know that you are a good fit for the program. If your they will see it and it will be obvious and if not then you weren’t meant to go there anyway. Be yourself, be honest, and relax! You’ll love the entire day there!! I was accepted but am turning it down because I was accepted to my first choice. Good luck to those still interviewing !!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 10:11 PM, kellyd221 said:

Just received an email on Friday stating that all fall interview dates are full. However, it also states that my application is still being considered for possible winter interview dates, if the opportunity arises. Soooo not BAD news, right??? Just to give an idea: I was CASPA verified July 24, I received receipt of application from Drexel on July 27.

I interviewed last year in February and was placed on the waitlist at Drexel. I am now on my second attempt at applying and have an interview this week at Drexel so I say there is no harm in waiting it out! 

• 2 weeks later...