University of Kentucky 2018-2019 Cycle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 3:50 PM, Smitty351 said:

Yes, so my understanding is we will get the email on the 27th??  Lord I will have to take off work that day!!  Lol!! ??

Last year forum received their letters on the 26th ? this waiting game is too much

I got an email today saying that I won't be offered an interview at the Lexington campus. This is my 3rd year applying for PA programs, with UK being the original one I wanted to get into. I applied to the Morehead campus my first two cycles. My first cycle I interviewed and was waitlisted. My second cycle I interviewed and was rejected. I thought maybe since Lexington has more seats, and my degree isnt from Morehead, that I should try Lexington. Now I don't know what happened. I have had the worst week already and this is just the cherry on top. I hope everyone has better luck than me!! It wouldn't take much at this point. ?

11 minutes ago, AF92 said:

I got an email today saying that I won't be offered an interview at the Lexington campus. This is my 3rd year applying for PA programs, with UK being the original one I wanted to get into. I applied to the Morehead campus my first two cycles. My first cycle I interviewed and was waitlisted. My second cycle I interviewed and was rejected. I thought maybe since Lexington has more seats, and my degree isnt from Morehead, that I should try Lexington. Now I don't know what happened. I have had the worst week already and this is just the cherry on top. I hope everyone has better luck than me!! It wouldn't take much at this point. ?

I’m so sorry to here this. Have you thought about going to UK and sit down and talk what could be going on?? Like maybe they could tell you your weakness, and your strong points. What are your grades and GRE scores?? 

1 hour ago, Smitty351 said:

I’m so sorry to here this. Have you thought about going to UK and sit down and talk what could be going on?? Like maybe they could tell you your weakness, and your strong points. What are your grades and GRE scores?? 

I have tried several times to meet with the student affairs officer Julia, but there is always some reason she won't meet with me. Last cycle I wanted to go to a regrets counseling session they held, but I had to go to Mississippi for an interview at another program. Overall GPA: 3.49 Prerequisite GPA: 3.62. Over 5,000 hours as an EMT. GRE: Verbal - 152 Quant - 149 Writing - 4.0. 180 hours of shadowing with PAs in multiple specialties. I don't really have much volunteer experience, but I have worked full time since high school which didn't leave much time. 

3 minutes ago, AF92 said:

I have tried several times to meet with the student affairs officer Julia, but there is always some reason she won't meet with me. Last cycle I wanted to go to a regrets counseling session they held, but I had to go to Mississippi for an interview at another program. Overall GPA: 3.49 Prerequisite GPA: 3.62. Over 5,000 hours as an EMT. GRE: Verbal - 152 Quant - 149 Writing - 4.0. 180 hours of shadowing with PAs in multiple specialties. I don't really have much volunteer experience, but I have worked full time since high school which didn't leave much time. 

I would not give up on my dream!! Keep pushing and pulling to reach your goal. Everything looks good, maybe increase your volunteer work, and have strong letters of recommendations, and VERY Strong personal statement. Hang in there don’t give up! 

Archived