11 minutes ago, Roadtopaspac said:

Awesome! Are you going to move closer or commute from there?

Still assessing that situation. All depends on the amount I’m able to receive in the financial aid package etc...

I’m assuming you will be moving closer since Kennesaw is a bit of a commute?

Hellooo everyone!! This is so exciting!! I keep waiting for a Facebook page to be made, but I guess they are still doing interviews and won't set that up until later. I'm from Greenville, SC, so I'll be moving to ATL shortly before school starts! Hoping to make it through the holidays before the big move, but I guess it will depend on when classes are set to begin. I've heard that the Brookhaven area is nice for those thinking about living off campus. A friend of mine from undergrad is in the PT program at Mercer and said a lot of young professionals and Mercer students live in that area and the commute isn't terrible! I was also recommended looking for places in the North Druid Hills area. Any thoughts? Is anyone considering living on campus or in apartments nearby (maybe off the same exit as the campus)?

7 hours ago, RonRPA21 said:

Still assessing that situation. All depends on the amount I’m able to receive in the financial aid package etc...

I’m assuming you will be moving closer since Kennesaw is a bit of a commute?

Righhtt . Just to get to the interview I left my house at 6am. Any later and I would have been in traffic for an hour and 30min to 2 hours. No need to waste 3 -4 hrs driving to and from school when I could use that time to study

38 minutes ago, Cookie821 said:

Hellooo everyone!! This is so exciting!! I keep waiting for a Facebook page to be made, but I guess they are still doing interviews and won't set that up until later. I'm from Greenville, SC, so I'll be moving to ATL shortly before school starts! Hoping to make it through the holidays before the big move, but I guess it will depend on when classes are set to begin. I've heard that the Brookhaven area is nice for those thinking about living off campus. A friend of mine from undergrad is in the PT program at Mercer and said a lot of young professionals and Mercer students live in that area and the commute isn't terrible! I was also recommended looking for places in the North Druid Hills area. Any thoughts? Is anyone considering living on campus or in apartments nearby (maybe off the same exit as the campus)?

actually went to school in greenville!  North Greenville University. Congratulations on your acceptance! It really is exciting and we get to go to school in a nice area. There is always something to do!

I'm trying to live as close as possible. I know some apartments have a mercer student discount . The ones I've been looking at are regency square and cantera by courtland. One of them has a fully furnished apartment so that helps.

On 5/3/2018 at 10:11 PM, Cookie821 said:

Hey! 

Yes, that area is nice and pretty close to campus. Anywhere there or in the Buckhead area would be close and full of young professionals. Also traffic generally goes in the opposite direction in the mornings so it would be quite convenient. 

11 minutes ago, Roadtopaspac said:

Does anyone know if I have to fill out my 2017 Fafsa for my information to be sent to Mercer? I didn't go to school in 2017 but I got an email asking me to fill it out (email not from mercer) and Mercer hasn't sent me my financial aid package yet.

As far as I know all they need is the 2018-2019 form. I’m yet to receive the package as well but they did send an email stating they would start sending them out in June. 

13 minutes ago, sav11 said:

Does anyone know when we will get more information? I know school doesn't start for quite a while but I'm interested to know if/when there's an accepted students day/orientation/etc.

All I know about is the bear hug which is in October. The current students said we'll get a lot of information there (it might be orientation). Other than that idk about any dates before or after.

Hey guy! Congrats to everyone on getting accepted! I currently live in midtown but will be moving back home for a few months until the program starts. Once dated get closer I would definitely be down to do some apartment searching in that area or North Druid hills area! 

As a side note... does anyone know of where we would send our final transcripts for any last prerequisite we had left? 

On 5/16/2018 at 12:32 PM, Nay09 said:

Hey guy! Congrats to everyone on getting accepted! I currently live in midtown but will be moving back home for a few months until the program starts. Once dated get closer I would definitely be down to do some apartment searching in that area or North Druid hills area! 

As a side note... does anyone know of where we would send our final transcripts for any last prerequisite we had left? 

Congrats to you too ! Wow you're really close so you must know the area really well. Are there any good gyms around ? The school gym is kind of small so certain machines might be preoccupied with how many students go to the school. 

I'm not sure where you would send final transcripts. I would email Mrs. Laura Ellison. She's in charge of the admissions.

So since y'all mentioned financial aid, I actually have a question for anyone else who is also getting loans for school. So I submitted my FAFSA a month ago and got confirmation from Mercer that they had received my information from FAFSA but that packages for new students for the 2018-2019 year wouldn't be processed until January...but that seems super late to be receiving our financial aid when classes start in January! Does anyone know more about the process of getting loans for PA school? I'll be funding my whole education through loans unfortunately, so I'm a little stressed about trying to get an apartment and pay for everything if we don't even get our financial aid money until a few weeks before school starts.

17 hours ago, Cookie821 said:

So since y'all mentioned financial aid, I actually have a question for anyone else who is also getting loans for school. So I submitted my FAFSA a month ago and got confirmation from Mercer that they had received my information from FAFSA but that packages for new students for the 2018-2019 year wouldn't be processed until January...but that seems super late to be receiving our financial aid when classes start in January! Does anyone know more about the process of getting loans for PA school? I'll be funding my whole education through loans unfortunately, so I'm a little stressed about trying to get an apartment and pay for everything if we don't even get our financial aid money until a few weeks before school starts.

Hey! Glad you mentioned this. I’m on the same boat regarding paying for school. I also did my FAFSA and received that same email about a month ago; however, I believe the January timeline was referring to students starting in August 2018 (I assume undergrads or people in other programs). That email also mentions a different date for June (I assume this is the one for us). 

I hope this helps! 

Hey Everyone I'm excited to meet you all and get started! I originally from Middletown, NJ but now live in Washington DC so Eem22 we are probably not that far from each other! I'll plan to move to the area sometime in December. Does anyone have recommendations for housing close by with reasonable rent? I remember the students saying that there was on campus housing but that very few students actually live there. 

Regarding financial aid, I e-mailed the office last week and they said that we would be hearing back starting in June!

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend!

Archived