2018-2019 Application cycle

Guest isiddik

I heard back from them yesterday as well. I got pulled off the wait-list and got an acceptance! I can not believe this right now, it feels so surreal!

I want to wish everyone good luck. Keep believing that things will fall into place when it's the right time! Don't give up, keep fighting and keep believing in yourself! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

On 10/31/2018 at 2:42 PM, Idamin said:

I heard back from them yesterday as well. I got pulled off the wait-list and got an acceptance! I can not believe this right now, it feels so surreal!

I want to wish everyone good luck. Keep believing that things will fall into place when it's the right time! Don't give up, keep fighting and keep believing in yourself! 

@Idamin congrats! I also interviewed 10/15 and received notice of being on the waitlist 10/22. Hoping for some good news soon as well! 

• Like 1

Guest thatgirlonabike
14 hours ago, Sydmart95 said:

Hey guys! Received an invitation to interview on 11/14! So psyched and in disbelief! How was the interview experience for everyone? Any advice or reassurance to ease my nerves?!

It was fun and low-stress. You get a chance to spend time with your fellow intervees as well as some current students.  The staff were super friendly and there wasn't a single person I interviewed with that day that I wouldn't be honored to have as a classmate. 

On 11/2/2018 at 11:49 AM, thatgirlonabike said:

It was fun and low-stress. You get a chance to spend time with your fellow intervees as well as some current students.  The staff were super friendly and there wasn't a single person I interviewed with that day that I wouldn't be honored to have as a classmate. 

Would you mind telling us about how many other candidates were at your interview session?

32 minutes ago, mattsully said:

Would you mind telling us about how many other candidates were at your interview session?

I totally agree with @thatgirlonabike.

I interviewed at a different session, but it was also very low stress. I felt that the faculty did everything they could to make the process as easy as possible. I also felt that during interviews their only goal was to get to know me. At other programs I sort of felt that interviewers would ask “trick” questions or try to trip me up on things, and Duke wasn’t like that at all. 

My interview session had 15, maybe 20 people? Definitely on the smaller side, which I thought was nice. 

Edited by hmtpnw

11 hours ago, hmtpnw said:

I totally agree with @thatgirlonabike.

I interviewed at a different session, but it was also very low stress. I felt that the faculty did everything they could to make the process as easy as possible. I also felt that during interviews their only goal was to get to know me. At other programs I sort of felt that interviewers would ask “trick” questions or try to trip me up on things, and Duke wasn’t like that at all. 

My interview session had 15, maybe 20 people? Definitely on the smaller side, which I thought was nice. 

Awesome, 15-20 doesn't sound so bad. I have an interview coming up, and I'm really glad to hear that it seems like a relatively low-stress interview setting. Hopefully it goes well!

2 hours ago, mattsully said:

Awesome, 15-20 doesn't sound so bad. I have an interview coming up, and I'm really glad to hear that it seems like a relatively low-stress interview setting. Hopefully it goes well!

You will do great. Just be yourself. It sounds corny and cliche, but it’s the best advice.

I was honest and genuine in my interviews and I felt that the interviewees really saw who I was. I think that made the difference. 

15 hours ago, bussine3 said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

1 hour ago, mlw18 said:

Congratulations!! When did you submit your supplemental? 

Thanks guys! Still pretty surreal this happened. 

8/21 CASPA submitted
9/6 CASPA verified (took a while for CASPA to verify my transcripts)
9/21 Duke received GRE, supplemental submitted
11/6 Interview invite for 12/4

• Upvote 1

Hey guys! I just received an interview for Dec. 4!!! I'm beyond excited and looking forward to meeting everyone! I'll be coming from Texas and I'm planning on flying in on the 3rd. Ideally I'd like to fly back after the interview on the 4th, but I'm not sure if it's doable. Anyone from the area or those who have interviewed have an idea of a reasonable time for a flight back? Would a 7pm flight be cutting it too close? (I'd be prechecked through security, so that would hopefully expedite the process). Thanks!

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, RMD1600 said:

Hey guys! I just received an interview for Dec. 4!!! I'm beyond excited and looking forward to meeting everyone! I'll be coming from Texas and I'm planning on flying in on the 3rd. Ideally I'd like to fly back after the interview on the 4th, but I'm not sure if it's doable. Anyone from the area or those who have interviewed have an idea of a reasonable time for a flight back? Would a 7pm flight be cutting it too close? (I'd be prechecked through security, so that would hopefully expedite the process). Thanks!

I’m going to try to make a 7pm flight too! Fingers crossed

18 hours ago, RMD1600 said:

I had a flight at 6:50 after my interview and I made it! Traffic can be bad that time of day though so just hurry back to the airport. Precheck line was nonexistent when I was there, so you should be fine! Good luck with your interview!

• Upvote 1