2018-2019 Application cycle

Guest isiddik

22 hours ago, Stanfordman84 said:

Thanks @Piperpottamus.That is quite late yet it does ease my mind. With some other schools getting back to me with acceptances it just adds a little urgency. I really appreciate your input 

If you are receiving acceptances at other schools (congrats btw!) and haven't heard anything from Duke yet, I would put down a deposit just to be safe. Even if you were to receive an interview invitation tomorrow, that chances of you hearing a final decision from Duke before those other deposits are due are slim to none (since you would have to wait to go on the interview and then wait again to hear back). Yes, it would be unfortunate for your bank account to have paid a deposit elsewhere and then hear good news from Duke, but it is much better than the alternative. Hope things work out for you!

Guest SoyLatte
2 minutes ago, Piperpottamus said:

Guys- it’s crunch time. Things are getting serious before the interview tomorrow— I just got my eyebrows done today. 

74E75062-FAAE-4FC1-A68A-3A1D0D48516E.jpeg

Cool- I’ll look for you tomorrow! Cant be hard to miss ?

Hey all, 

Applied a bit over a month ago and haven't heard anything yet. 

cGPA 3.65

SGPA 3.97

GRE: 157v 157q 5.5w

5000 HCE working as a tech in drug and alcohol rehab facilities. 

2500 volunteer hours working in drug and alcohol rehab. 

Do I have a realistic chance at getting an interview? Good luck to all and major congrats to anyone that has gotten interviews/beyond! You should be incredibly proud of that. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Piperpottamus said:

Same here. You all are a group of legitimately cool (and smart AND qualified) people. I really enjoyed spending time with you! Thanks for making it a memorable day! 

Agreed! I really enjoyed getting to spend time with everyone! Best wishes to all of you!

• Upvote 1

Guest thatgirlonabike

Wow!  I got a call today to interview on Monday Oct 15th.   They said they were going to offer me a spot for Nov 13 but they had a cancellation so I got called because I'm a "local."  I am so excited.  Also I think this means they will be sending out a new round of invites this week.  (Just a guess).  

4 minutes ago, thatgirlonabike said:

Wow!  I got a call today to interview on Monday Oct 15th.   They said they were going to offer me a spot for Nov 13 but they had a cancellation so I got called because I'm a "local."  I am so excited.  Also I think this means they will be sending out a new round of invites this week.  (Just a guess).  

That’s exciting! What time did they call you? Who called:) Dean, front desk?

Guest thatgirlonabike
21 minutes ago, Jbalcazar said:

That’s exciting! What time did they call you? Who called:) Dean, front desk?

It was the admissions coordinator (Wendy).  She called around 11am.