Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I asked a friend who attended WSU/psychoanalyze/stalked the past 5 years worth of WSU forums and here’s a chain for events: 1)Thurs/Fri after last interview: 48 top pick phone calls go out.

I emailed the program to get an update and the response I received said that invitations are due to go out this week or beginning of next week.

I was really hoping today would be the day but I guess the waiting game continues for now! ?

Posted Images

Did anyone else receive an e-mail saying they weren't considered due to not getting the supplemental application/fee in on time?  I called since I have e-mail receipt saying I had gotten it all submitted on time.  Then they sent out the following e-mail saying to disregard.  I have been surprised I wasn't invited for an interview since I have a 3.8 GPA and over 1,000 hours experience plus volunteering and I'm a WSU alum....so I am now worried that an in office mistake is going to cost me an opportunity to interview.  Did anyone else receive these e-mails?  Is WSU still sending out invites this week?

Dear XXXXX,

Unfortunately, a mass email was generated in error a few minutes ago with the subject "Denied-Missed Supplemental Application Deadline".  Please disregard this email. 

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Wichita State University

Department of Physician Assistant

Office of Admissions 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DSW1969 said:

Did anyone else receive an e-mail saying they weren't considered due to not getting the supplemental application/fee in on time?  I called since I have e-mail receipt saying I had gotten it all submitted on time.  Then they sent out the following e-mail saying to disregard.  I have been surprised I wasn't invited for an interview since I have a 3.8 GPA and over 1,000 hours experience plus volunteering and I'm a WSU alum....so I am now worried that an in office mistake is going to cost me an opportunity to interview.  Did anyone else receive these e-mails?  Is WSU still sending out invites this week?

Dear XXXXX,

Unfortunately, a mass email was generated in error a few minutes ago with the subject "Denied-Missed Supplemental Application Deadline".  Please disregard this email. 

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Wichita State University

Department of Physician Assistant

Office of Admissions 

Oh wow, that’s crazy! I would imagine that they’re still sending them out, although I’m not 100% sure. I think the deadline on mine said to respond by December 28th to confirm the interview, but I’d hope that they would send other invites sooner than that deadline because it doesn’t leave much time to plan to get here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, congrats to all you who received interview invites!  The department is closed until Jan 2nd and I didn't get any notification one way or the other (although I'm assuming I got rejected).  Did anyone get a rejection email yet?  Have a great Christmas everyone, and good luck to all those interviewing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 10:41 AM, WigginsD said:

Well, congrats to all you who received interview invites!  The department is closed until Jan 2nd and I didn't get any notification one way or the other (although I'm assuming I got rejected).  Did anyone get a rejection email yet?  Have a great Christmas everyone, and good luck to all those interviewing!

I just got an email to interview today so there’s still hope!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I got a phone call today letting me know I was accepted. Congratulations to everyone else that was accepted and I'm looking forward to meeting you all real soon! Once again, if anyone from out of state has questions or concerns about Wichita and where to live I would be happy to check on things for you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shinkadink said:

Yes, I got a phone call today letting me know I was accepted. Congratulations to everyone else that was accepted and I'm looking forward to meeting you all real soon! Once again, if anyone from out of state has questions or concerns about Wichita and where to live I would be happy to check on things for you.

 

Who did you interview with?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Gratefulguy
      Hi guys, 
      I didn't see a new thread. Hope this helps you guys. Just like in previous years they are moving forward, but it may look a bit different because COVID seems to be slowing down. Here's the email I received on 5/11/2021. I submitted my application on 5/3/2021 and verified on 5/11/2021. 
       
      Thank you for applying to the Radford University Carilion PA program. This email is to let you know that your application is complete, has been marked as "Verified", and we have received your RU supplemental application. Your application will be put in a queue to be reviewed. You may still provide updates to your application through the CASPA website.
      Once applications are reviewed, we will make decisions on whom to interview. Our earliest interview dates will be in September. As we don't yet have exact dates selected for interviews, we will likely make offers for interviews in early July at the soonest.
      We will send out periodic updates to keep you apprised of your status. However, with the necessary changes in how we accomplish our tasks, those updates may not be as frequent as we would like them to be. We are happy to answer any questions that come up, and you are welcome to email me at rhadley1@radford.edu.
      Thank you,
      Bob Hadley
    • By Gilyprepa
      Hey everyone, there are still tickets available for those who are interested in the Loma Linda PA program. We have changed our event from zoom to being ON CAMPUS. There will be prizes raffled off. Due to some restrictions still being in place, the tickets that are being sold will only allow one person per ticket. More info on the flyer and event bright website. Thank you so much! Hope to see you there. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/llus-3rd-annual-pre-pa-conference-tickets-145958073527
      prePA conference final draft flyer On CAMPUS.pdf
    • By koconn
      Hey y'all so I am a sophomore in undergrad and in the process of just starting to get PCE, shadow, and volunteer hours and etc, but I am super stressed out because I am itching to start getting PCE hours except its so difficult while in school. I was thinking about becoming an EMT and working for 2 years after I graduate but I wasn't sure if being an EMT is considered PCE among most colleges, does anyone know? (I also tried to work as a caregiver over summer and that job isn't for me) 
       
      Also, I'm trying to compile a list of PA schools to apply to, so if anyone has any recommendations for schools on the east coast please let me know! 🙂
    • By PAApplicant22
      Hi I’m a first time applicant and would anyone be interested in looking at my personal statement and seeing what needs to be revised? Here is the link down below 
      Personal Statement copy.docx
    • By vjaniceb
      Hi there, my name is Vanessa and I just graduated with my bachelor's in February. I am looking to pursue into a PA program but not quite sure where to start. I am currently studying for the GRE and have about 250 internship hours done at an ENT clinic with an audiologist. I'm not sure in what I am doing and need any guidance or suggestion in what to do. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More