Class of 2021 Applicants

3 minutes ago, ckramer19 said:

Just got an interview email this morning as well and booked my flight!!! Interview date is for early oct.

Here are my stats for those who are interested:

cGPA: 3.7, sGPA: 3.7

GRE:  verbal -- 158, quant -- 157, writing -- 5.0

2,200 hours as a CNA on an inpatient telemetry unit

1,300 hours (and counting) as a medical assistant at an urgent care clinic

~400 hours volunteering

Background in research, was an RA in college and did lots of student leadership

When did you submit?

4 hours ago, marissajanel said:

As in you haven’t taken it yet or just waiting on your grade? I got an email awhile back to update her in December with my genetics grade so I’m trying to figure out if they’ll even consider me for an interview today! Lol

My last prereq is Anatomy and Physiology 2 that I'll be taking this fall and Judy told me the same thing about updating her in December...I'm a bit confused now, hopefully we hear back sooner!!

3 hours ago, amh2021 said:

My last prereq is Anatomy and Physiology 2 that I'll be taking this fall and Judy told me the same thing about updating her in December...I'm a bit confused now, hopefully we hear back sooner!!

My guess is that Anatomy and Physiology 2 as well as Genetics are classes that are bit more difficult and more vital while medical terminology is almost a gimme gimme as long as you try. So they're probably not as worried about you passing medical term as compared to other classes. Again, this is only my guess.

Edited by JD2012

3 hours ago, JD2012 said:

My guess is that Anatomy and Physiology 2 as well as Genetics are classes that are bit more difficult and more vital while medical terminology is almost a gimme gimme as long as you try. So they're probably not as worried about you passing medical term as compared to other classes. Again, this is only my guess.

I think you're right, I emailed Judy and she said I still have to wait unfortunately.

10 hours ago, amh2021 said:

I think you're right, I emailed Judy and she said I still have to wait unfortunately.

Don't fret too much, a lot of my classmates interviewed late in the cycle. There were people still interviewing into January and I think February that were accepted.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 8:17 AM, JD2012 said:

Don't fret too much, a lot of my classmates interviewed late in the cycle. There were people still interviewing into January and I think February that were accepted.

Just wondering, was this the case if they were verified early in the cycle with prereqs done? This is one of my top choices!!

Hey guys! I got an interview invite with biochemistry as an outstanding prerequisite. I'm planning on completing the course starting this fall. Do you think the school would still accept me while I'm in the middle of taking the course or they would wait till they have my final grades to decide if they want to extend me an offer? Thanks!

1 hour ago, paschool2 said:

Hey guys! I got an interview invite with biochemistry as an outstanding prerequisite. I'm planning on completing the course starting this fall. Do you think the school would still accept me while I'm in the middle of taking the course or they would wait till they have my final grades to decide if they want to extend me an offer? Thanks!

I would imagine wait until your grades are in...being that biochemistry is a pretty pivotal course and is not as guaranteed a passing grade such as medical terminology or some other easier class. 

they could always waitlist you as well.

however congrats on your interview invite! 

On 8/17/2018 at 11:08 AM, EmilyB1994 said:

Just wondering, was this the case if they were verified early in the cycle with prereqs done? This is one of my top choices!!

I could not tell you the answer for sure on that one, sorry.

On 8/19/2018 at 12:20 PM, Prepaguy23 said:

I would imagine wait until your grades are in...being that biochemistry is a pretty pivotal course and is not as guaranteed a passing grade such as medical terminology or some other easier class. 

they could always waitlist you as well.

however congrats on your interview invite! 

I've heard of programs giving out acceptances pending completion/passing of the IP pre-req.

Edited by JD2012

On 8/22/2018 at 8:42 AM, Prepaguy23 said:

Anyone receive a denial in the mail yet? 

Nova does take their sweet time so I dont think anyone should be getting any yet. I will say my first time applying Judy Dickman told me very quickly via email of my denial.

Edited by JD2012