Class of 2021 Applicants

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 10:34 PM, 1dahardway said:

That is great and a very quick turnaround. Congratulations. Do you mind sharing your stats? CGPA, SGPA, GRE,  Hours. 

Thanks! I definitely wasn't expecting such a fast response.
cGPA: 3.95
sGPA: 3.97
GRE: 160 V, 159 Q, 4.5 AW
PCE: 8,500 hours as an x-ray tech, 350 as a phlebotomist
HCE: ~1000 hours as a pharmacy tech
Research: 240 hours

On August 22, 2018 at 7:18 PM, JD2012 said:

Nova does take their sweet time so I dont think anyone should be getting any yet. I will say my first time applying Judy Dickman told me very quickly via email of my denial.

Hey JD2012, I received a call on Sept 7th and was told that my application was complete and being reviewed. If I were to get invited for an interview, would I have received the invitation already? Or am I rejected and they're just taking time to let me know? Do you know how long they usually take to send out invitations after that phone call? I'm so nervous lol thank you in advance!

8 hours ago, FuturePA305 said:

Hey JD2012, I received a call on Sept 7th and was told that my application was complete and being reviewed. If I were to get invited for an interview, would I have received the invitation already? Or am I rejected and they're just taking time to let me know? Do you know how long they usually take to send out invitations after that phone call? I'm so nervous lol thank you in advance!

Yours is still recent since it's only 5 days now. you should still be in the running. I highly doubt theyve reviewed your app yet especially at this point in the cycle. The later in the cycle the higher the pile of apps they need to get through.

There's no set time how long it takes to hear back or get a letter but some of mine did not come until at least Feb-March of the following year.  

Hang in there, waiting is part of this process, it's tough. Good luck.

Edited by JD2012
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, shainapanchal said:

My interview date is October 30th, can any current student give any information on how the interview was/ how they're overall experience was? Thank you! 

Mine went like this.

Introduction - with other candidates and Judy Dickman. She will take you into a room for a writing assignment with a surprise topic, which I am sure they change each year.

Once done youll go back into the lobby as each one of you is called in for the interview. You will interview with about 3-4 other candidates at the most. All of you will wait until each once is called and done. The interview is about the usual 20-30 mins. For me, it was 4 faculty for my interview, some other classmates had 2 or 3 so it may vary.

Once done, there is an optional tour led by 2 students who will show you the health professions division and buildings. 

I believe it ran from 8-12pm. For me it was great. Quick and simple. In no way did it feel intimidating.

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, JD2012 said:

Mine went like this.

Introduction - with other candidates and Judy Dickman. She will take you into a room for a writing assignment with a surprise topic, which I am sure they change each year.

Once done youll go back into the lobby as each one of you is called in for the interview. You will interview with about 3-4 other candidates at the most. All of you will wait until each once is called and done. The interview is about the usual 20-30 mins. For me, it was 4 faculty for my interview, some other classmates had 2 or 3 so it may vary.

Once done, there is an optional tour led by 2 students who will show you the health professions division and buildings. 

I believe it ran from 8-12pm. For me it was great. Quick and simple. In no way did it feel intimidating.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

@JD2012 is it a group interview or individual? What do you mean by us walking with possibly 3-4 other candidates?

Also how quickly after your interview did you hear back for your acceptance? My interview is October 29!! It will be my 4th PA school interview but have not had any luck in getting accepted anywhere ? any interview tips/advice would be greatly appreciated as Nova-Ft Lauderdale is my top school choice. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Naiaalessandra said:

@JD2012 is it a group interview or individual? What do you mean by us walking with possibly 3-4 other candidates?

Also how quickly after your interview did you hear back for your acceptance? My interview is October 29!! It will be my 4th PA school interview but have not had any luck in getting accepted anywhere ? any interview tips/advice would be greatly appreciated as Nova-Ft Lauderdale is my top school choice. 

Individual interview. I had 4 faculty at the same interviewing me, but depending on the day you can have 2 or 3 so it will vary depending on faculty schedules.

I interviewed on Tuesday and got an acceptance call on the Friday RIGHT after.

Best tip is to understand it is okay to be nervous, they know you're nervous, it's normal, but at the same time try to relax and be composed. PA school is a rollercoaster ride and you need to remain calm during stressful times, which is every week due to the frequency of exams along with the amount of material that needs to be covered. 

The best thing that helped, is to slow down and take your time to answer questions, and be yourself. Don't say what you think they want to hear. Speak truthfully.

Good luck! Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Edited by JD2012

59 minutes ago, Naiaalessandra said:

@JD2012 would you say questions see more traditional, behavioral or a combination? Thank you so much for your assistance! Hopefully 4th time is the charm ?

Combination of the two. I think they are going to probably tailor the questions according to your application. At the end of the day theyre just trying to make sure you're not a serial killer.  They just want to get to know you. We even began the interview by talking about soccer and restaurants, just to give you an idea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 1:09 PM, Naiaalessandra said:

I will be interviewing October 29 also! This will be my third PA school interview...I have an interview at Barry on 10/26. I would also love to hear any tips/advice.  

8 hours ago, AspiringPA15 said:

Hey guys, I interviewed today and am very fortunate to say that I have already received my acceptance call! Best of luck to the rest of you who are interviewing in the future (it was a breeze!).

Congrats! Mine is coming up in a few weeks. How was the essay portion of the interview?

15 hours ago, AspiringPA15 said:

Hey guys, I interviewed today and am very fortunate to say that I have already received my acceptance call! Best of luck to the rest of you who are interviewing in the future (it was a breeze!).

If you don't mind sharing, what was the hardest question you were asked?